6.24.2008

Typhoon in Philippines


Here is a picture I found on CNN of Iloilo and the homes that were flooded this weekend. Typhoon Fengshen hit off the coast of the central Philippines on Saturday, killing 17, officials said. It has caused flash floods and landslides the exact city that Elizabeth and I will be visiting in just 3 weeks! Because I was away all weekend, I just heard the news and am in shock. From what our trip leaders say, we will still be able to go, however obviously the people will be in much more dyer need of help because of the storm. I am thankful that God is in control, and that this was part of Him preparing the area for our trip. Please continue to pray for the Filipino people during this time. I cannot wait to tell them that no rain will ever be able to wash away the God that loves them and the He will take care of them even in this time.

Just as an added update about my trip...
Because of my Potts' medical condition, and my mom being his current mode of transportation, we have decided that she will no longer be able to go on this trip with me. She is really bummed about it and I do hope that she will be able to go with me in the future. God has been so good in providing so many people who have supported my trip financially. I have currently raised just over $1800 of my $2600 goal. Thank you again to all of those who have partnered with me, and if you have not and would like to there is still time! We leave 3 weeks from this Thursday.

Lindsey signature

1 comment:

cha said...

your concern for the Filipino people is touching.

God bless you.