6.01.2008

Recovery

We are back home in NC now. We got to see Potts both on Saturday and today before we left and there is no doubt that he has a long road of recovery ahead. He has had all of the tubes taken out now besides having additional oxygen given to him. He has been getting hiccups really bad and was not able to sleep Saturday night because of them, and not to mention how bad it hurts his chest every time he does hiccup, so please pray for those to go away. He is slowly getting up and walking a few steps, but still remains very weak. There is no doubt that he is still in a lot of pain and very uncomfortable, however he has been encouraged that it will all get better with time. Continue to pray for his strength, patience and will power to get through these next few months until he can get his feet back under him. Right now he is scheduled to go home on Thursday of this week. Once he does go home, pray for Mimi as she takes care of him, as I know she is very nervous about that. They will be going through a major life style change with their diets and traveling (as Potts cannot drive for at least 2 months and Mimi has not been able to drive for several years now). I know that he will be starting rehab soon as well once he gets home and we know that it will help also.

My heart really was heavy to leave TN. I know at this point there is not much I can do but encourage him. I plan to call him with those encouraging words as often as possible now. And if any of you would like to send him a card their address is:

Jerry and Sunny Meadows
135 Rhonda Way
Rockwood, TN 37854

I know they really appreciate your prayers, as do I, and I am very thankful for the love and support our family has been shown. I will continue to update as I find out new things with his progress. I sure cant wait to get my old Potts back :)

I know this week will be playing a lot of catchup and work and around the house. I hope to update my blog soon too as there has been A LOT going on!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I know it was very hard for you all to leave him. I will pray for his speedy recovery and for your Mimi as well. I know it will be hard on them to change their lifestyle considering how active they both are. I am sure they will adjust just fine though. They are both so upbeat that nothing can get them down!

Brandi said...

You and your family have been on my mind so much!! And I have been praying for you guys too!! Keep your head and faith up and everything will be okay!! I bet your grandpaw is a very strong man.... and nothing will keep him down for long!!
:)love ya girl

-brandi

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Thanks for the update Momma! We've all been thinking about Potts at the Looney house and are sure he and the Mimster will be just fine. Love you!