6.19.2008

The Bucket List

Last night JR and I watched "The Bucket List". It was a great movie for sure and definitely made me shed a few tears! I dont want to give it all away b/c I would recommend everyone else seeing it as well... but pretty much 2 men realize that they do not have very much longer to live and so they together decide to create a "bucket list" of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket".

A lot of movies I can just watch and not think about anymore really.. but this one was definitely different. The producer makes each person who watches it think about the true meaning of life. "What do you want to accomplish before your life is over. What do you want people to remember about you? What is the goal of your life on earth?" Man those are all very deep questions huh? Well God would not let me go to bed last night without answering them... He kept me tossing and turning :)

I would say that I would like people to remember Lindsey Isham as the woman who brought great joy to those who were closest to her, and those who did not know her as well simply remembered the smile on her face. and although I do hope to be missed, I want everyone to be rejoicing knowing that I am the happiest I could ever be resting in my Father's arms in Heaven.

As far as making a "Bucket List" of my own I am pretty simple too.
1. be a wife who loves her husband the most she possibly can each day, only to wake up the next day realizing that even that amount of love could have grown again the next day.
2. to be a mom whose children cherish me more than any other woman in their life.
3. to be a daughter that gives her parents as much love as they give to me.
4. to be a sister that never stops supporting and encouraging her siblings
5. to be the best friend that anyone could ever ask for
6. and last but of course not least... for God to say, "Good job my good and faithful servant" once we meet in Heaven.

I know that some people may want to do this (skydive, visit the world, etc) or have that (mansion, nice car, etc), but I really am completely content with what I have right now. Of course it would be nice to have things and be able to check things off a list that I have done.. but then what.. would I really be more happy than what I am RIGHT now? JR has told me over and over that I need to learn to have dreams (he is a REALLY big dreamer ha!) but I think over the years he has realized that God simply just made me content and simple. And I am forever grateful that He did :)

So what is your bucket list? I would be interested to see!

Lindsey signature

4 comments:

Amber said...

I will have to think of my bucket list and get back to you on that one!

Anonymous said...

Stop being so serious.

Beth Ownby said...

Oh BJ...

Lindsey, it's really hard to answer that. Maybe I can get Beth to.

Tara said...

That sounds like a tear jerker for sure! I will have to get Brad to take me to see that one... I too will have to get back with you about my list.