6.05.2008

Potts is coming home!

Potts called me last night to tell him that the doctors plan to release him from the hospital today. We are very excited of course as that means he is doing better, but also very nervous. Right now he is still having problems with his oxygen levels and blood sugar so please keep both of those things in your prayers. I know he will be thankful to get to sleep in his own bed, as he has not had hardly any rest at all since being there last Tuesday. I know Mimi is a bit anxious as well having him home since she will be taking care of him. Please pray for encouragement for both of them as they begin their new life after surgery. They will have a much different diet now, no more fried foods and no more caffeine ha!

Over these last several days God has really used Potts's situation to teach me to trust in Him more. I know I can say that I trust His plan and know that He is in ultimate control, but when something major like this happens it will truly test your faith. I think I have prayed and cried out to God more times in the last 10 days than I have all last year. It is really scary for me for sure having the thought of losing someone who is so close to me as my Potts is. But I truly do trust God, know that this was not a surprise to Him, and know that He is a loving God who will take good care of Potts, whether it is a longer healthier life here on earth or a quicker time for him to go home with Him to Heaven. He has been my Comforter through these days, and He continues to calm my fears and anxiousness. The truth is I am only human and will continue to fall into the worldly ways every second if I do not continually give Him my trust.

Thank you again for your prayers. And as when I told Potts that me and everyone I knew was praying for him he said, "Well I hope you are praying for me everyday anyways, even when I am not sick." Thats good ole Pottsy for ya :)

Lindsey signature

5 comments:

Amber said...

Hooray HOooray!!!!!! I am so happy to hear that!!!!! So, I was going to tell you about a blog that I found called www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com , you had posted about a couple that had lost their baby a while back, but this website is about a woman who this same thing happened to and it is very riveting! She is the wife of a Christian ARtist or something maybe??? anyways, if you want to pass it on!

The Rue Family said...

I saw that blog that Amber mentioned also. I saw it on Tara's blog and Lacy's blogs I think. It is very powerful!! It is just amazing to read! Anyway back to Potts, I'm so glad to hear he is well enough to be going home. Give him my love! I will continue prayers for him and Mimi!! Love ya sister!

Megan said...

Hi! I am a 'lurker' and was wondering where you got your background. I love it!! If it is not too much trouble could you let me know where. Thanks you can comment on my blog to let me know where you got it from. Thanks!!

Tara said...

Lindsey,
First of all I want to say that I am so relieved the Potts is getting better and I know that certainly brings some relief to you. This post really hit home for me, since I lost my grandfather only 3 weeks ago. He and I were also very close and I always knew that if something ever happened to him that it would affect me greatly. It has not been easy, but if we lean on the Lord he strengthens us and gets us through it. I have been thinking so selfishly lately that I was not ready for him to go, but it was in His time and Gods plan so I know that I must rejoice that I was blessed enough to have him around as long as I did. I will continue to pray for Jerry (your Potts) as I also love him dearly! His sense of humor is awesome! Boy do I miss seeing him... Take care! Love the new blog design. I am going to contact that person too that Missy was talking about. I love it!

Tara said...

Love your new blog design- Continuing to pray for Potts!