1.21.2009

Week 27

Week 27 update says that Griffin is getting really big! I will have to say that I am glad to know its him inside of me getting bigger because I am feeling a bit big myself ha! I am feeling some back pains in my lower back, more so at night, and can tell that my sense of balance is a bit off too. The other day I was able to feel him have the hiccups which was really cool. It was a constant movement in my left side and had the rhythm just like when I have my own hiccups. His eyes are open now too, which is crazy. All I can think about is what in the world is he thinking in there :) He is also learning how to get under my ribs as well and let me tell ya that feels great haha!

I am SO excited that on Saturday I get to go have another ultrasound at the pregnancy support center! I cannot wait to see what he looks like now and how he has grown since I saw him 9 weeks ago. Mom, Mimi and Rachel are also coming in town so they will get to see him too!!! I will hopefully get some good pictures and of course share them with everyone soon.

Your baby is really starting to get big. This week he weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14.4 inches long (like a head of cauliflower) with his legs extended. He now sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. He may suck his fingers, and although his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if he were born prematurely. Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on.







Monkey Business

I also wanted to share a sneak peak at Griffin's new monkey bathroom! At the shower last weekend his Auntie Crystal and Auntie Adrienne gave him all kinds of monkey goodies :) We still need a shower curtain and some decor, but other than that he is good to go. I cannot wait until he gets old enough to enjoy it as much as I am already!!!

Lindsey signature

5 comments:

The Rue Family said...

You look beautiful as always! GLOWING!! I know you probably don't feel very glowy at times. HA! I love the monkey stuff! It is so cute! Miss you much!

Anonymous said...

I really like you monkey bathroom! Very cute! That is exciting that your fam will be able to see an ultrasound in person. enjoy! ct

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey,
You look wonderful!! Wow I can't believe he's going to be here in around 90 days! It is so exciting!
I can hardly wait to meet him.
Are you coming to Tn. for Tristan's birthday party?
Love ya,
Robin

Tara said...

Oh I love the monkey stuff, way too cute!

Tara said...

Oh and you do look great by the way! Your post reminded me of Connor having the hiccups ALL THE TIME! Seriously I would go in Jessies office and say, "He has the hiccups again." I loved feeling them, but sometimes it would get a little bothersome. Hard to concentrate on much! Ha!