1.19.2009

Phi Mu Girl's Weekend 2009

My girl's weekend started Friday afternoon when I was so happy to get the chance to meet with JR and I's Aunt Stacy! We have not seen each other in a very long time and I was so glad she would get the chance to see me pregnant in person. We had a wonderful time catching up! Love you Auntie Stace :)



After everyone arrived in town we all went to dinner and met up with our bachelorette Monica and her crew. Here are Adrienne and I.

and the twinks- Katie and Crystal



on Saturday afternoon, Katie, Crystal and Adrienne threw Griffin his very first shower! I was so thankful that they were so sweet to take the time out of our weekend to celebrate him. We all do not get together too often so it was a great chance to shower the new addition. We had some great food, played 2 very fun games and of course Griffin was spoiled with some great gifts too. He got his new monkey bathroom stuff, PB picture frame, photo album, clothes, a snuggly bear, UT piggy bank and so much more :)
I do have to brag on Aunt Katie as she came up with this wonderful gift for him. Check out this frame she had made and the pictures she took to put in it! I LOVE things that are made and personalized and this was just perfect!

Here are all of the sweet girls that came! I am so lucky that they took time out of our weekend just for me. I know it was weird for each of them to be thinking about me actually being a mom since all of them are no where close to this stage, but they were such troopers and I am so thankful! It was hilarious to hear all of their pregnancy and "mom to be" questions!


Here are all of the pictures from the shower:

After the shower we went out to dinner before the bachelorette party night. Here are the beautiful Doss and Mel Wallace

the lovely Cradrienne

and me and Katie- aka Katsey


then it was time to celebrate with Monica! look how cute this bachelorette is :)

Bride to be and Mom to be

the whole crew
Everyone had a wonderful night out on the town, or so I heard the next morning. I was sad that I couldnt go and be a part of it but again I didnt want to be "that" girl in the bar that everyone wandered why she was there AND pregnant ha! Katie and I went back to Crystal's and had a girl movie night and it was just what I needed :)
Sunday we all got up and had a wonderful brunch together and then went to see Bride Wars. Sunday evening we were blessed by Adrienne's wonderful boyfriend, Chef Ehren, who cooked an amazing dinner for us all. It was a wonderful treat that brought our weekend together to an end.
As I drove away on Monday morning I was a bit sad thinking about how our girl's weekend will never really be the same again. I will be a mom this time next year with a 8 month old.. WOW! I LOVE my girl's weekends though and know that it will not be my last.
Love you ladies and thank you for more amazing memories together. Love yall so much! :)


Lindsey signature

3 comments:

Becca said...

It looks like you had a fun weekend and a fun first shower. :) We just found out today that we are have a son, also, and I have been hoping to make a picture of "happened upon" letters of his name like the gift you received! I think it's such a cute idea!

Congrats!

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Ha - ouch on the "they're no where close to..." comment. I think we're more grown up than you give us credit for :) Glad ya'll had such a good time! Missed everyone so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everyone had fun. I really wish I could have been there...maybe next year me and my 1 year old and you and your 8 month old can hang out! Who knows maybe there will be some more pregnant folks :)?! Take care