1.01.2009

Happy New Year!

We brought in the New Year by first eating at one of our favorites.. Mellow Mushroom. Notice my sweetie's new addition. After 26 years, he now has to have glasses! Because of all the reading he has done the last 2 years, his eyes have worn down and now his vision has gone bad. I think he looks like a stud :)
Rachel has been visiting all week, as I have been sister sitting while my mom and James are in Las Vegas celebraing the New Year. I sure do love my sister :)


Then we decided to get out of the house and experience the "Acorn Drop" in downtown Raleigh. This was their version of a ball drop as in New York City. We knew that this may be one of the last times we could be out this late and in the cold.. so we gave it a whirl!

Standing in front of the lucky acorn


And YES it was FREEZING!!!


So happy to welcome Griffin this year!!!


and what would New Years be without the New Years first kiss :)


Happy New Year to everyone! I pray that it is a year of experiencing God's goodness for everyone. He is so good to us all and I do want to be more intentional this year about seeking Him and experiencing His rich love and mercy. God Bless you this 2009!




Lindsey signature

2 comments:

Tara said...

Happy New Year! I was reading something online about the different things that some cities drop to celebrate the New Year. It was pretty interesting, didnt hear about the acorn. There was a place that dropped a opossum! LOL

secarden said...

glasses + driving hat + ear muffs = grandpa

but i do like the glasses :-)

& the 1st pic of u 2 is 2 cute :-)