4.09.2008

Missions trip to the Philippines

I am SOOO very excited to say that Elizabeth, Mom and I are heading to the Philippines this summer!!! We will be joining a Sevier Heights Baptist Church team to go to Central Philippine University in Iloilo this summer. On this trip we will be helping with Christ Emphasis Week sharing the gospel in colleges, high schools, and elementary schools to over 5,000 students. We will also visit several of Sevier Heights’ church plants in the region encouraging our brothers and sisters in Christ. Furthermore, we will evangelize in villages, markets and hospitals in Iloilo and use basketball, as it is their country’s premier sport, to do so, which I am of course is excited about too!

This will be Elizabeth's 4th time returning to this country and I am so thankful she invited us to go with her! I am also every so grateful that my mom and I will be able to experience this with my mom.. how AWESOME!!! We are in the process of raising support, as it is $2,100 a person for the trip. I would love for you to join our team by praying for the people of the Philippines. Please also prayerfully consider monetarily supporting us. I never like asking people for money, however I am submitting to God b/c I know He calls us all to participate in the great commission whether by going, by giving, or by praying, so I would be honored if you choose to do so. I am very eager for July to get here and I will continue to keep everyone updated on our money that we have raised. Through it all, I just want God to be Glorified!!! Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!


If you would like more information about this trip please email me at lgriffi2@gmail.com. The pictures below are ones that Elizabeth took while on her previous trips. I just cant wait to minister to these precious people....





4 comments:

Tara said...

Oh wow, how awesome that you and your Mom are going together! I know you the children will be blessed.

Ashley said...

What an awesome experience for you! I can't wait to hear about it and see all the pictures.

Anthony said...

It thrills me to know that you guys are getting to be used by God in all these different places! Funny thing that I've noticed about trying to be a blessing to others ALWAYS ends up with the worker receiving a greater blessing!! May God provide you with wisdom, strength, and protect you on your journey.

secarden said...

so happy for you and your momma to experience this together
definitely a top 10 life memory
proud that you are walkin and not just talkin
inspiration to everyone
myself included
love u
sis