4.30.2008

Goodbye blonde!


This is the hair I have known and loved for more than half my life now. This is also the hair that all of you have seen me in for as long as you have known me, since I started dying it back when I was 12!!! Well last night I was doing my regular routine of highlighting my roots and my worst nightmare happened. Evidently I picked up the wrong box (you would think it was my first time but I have done it myself at least 10 since moving here) of color. This is the product of what happened......
ORANGEY YELLOWEY BRASSY AWFUL!!!
This was the picture that popped into my head... I LOOK LIKE CARROT TOP!!!!

I went into extreme freak out mode for sure. Called everyone I knew that knew something about hair to see what to do. Finally my mom answered (who is the one who has been highlighting it since 6th grade) and she said to put more blonde in it.... i dont think she knew how bad it really was ha!
This is what it looked like after 2 trys of blonde. Brassy orange yet almost platinum white. What do I do what do I do? Still freaking out of course but also somehow laughing. JR proceeded to say I looked like Gwen Stefani.... and then he would follow that with GO BIG ORANGE.... haha so funny he is I tell ya!
Here I am this morning realizing that I was about to go in to let the professionals take a try at it. Somewhat prepared that I may come out totally brown, but still in the back of my head thinking they can fix it. I went in at 9:30am and the stylist had this wonderful look on her face when she saw it.. so comforting I though ;) Anyways after stripping it, putting color pigment back into it and then putting on brown and 4 hours later.... Here I am:
The black shirt definitely does not help.. but YES I AM DARK BROWN!! This is my natural color believe it or not... Totally weird huh? NO I do not like it, but yes I am very happy that it is no longer orange and that it didnt turn green or purple in the dying back process (these were all options I had in the past 12 hours). I really cant believe that I still have not busted into tears at this point. I mean come on.. THIS IS DRASTIC CHANGE! and i dont like change ha!
I am STILL at this moment in so much shock and keep laughing as everyone walks by my office and does a double take. One of my good friends even stopped at the front desk to ask where I was, after she plainly saw me but didnt think it was me. Another student asked if I was the Blonde Lindsey's twin sister ha! Yes I am definitely getting A LOT of "Oh my gosh" and "Wow!" today... and still myself saying the same thing every time I see myself in the mirror.
Eventually this is the look I want to go for. I do want to not be AS blonde as I was before now.. it was a bit much. This was the summer of 05 when I had put low lights in it. I think I can deal with that :) Thank goodness I am going home this weekend and my mom can do her magic!!!!

And to think that just last week I was really contemplating on going back natural (with the help of some of my work friends who have been urging me to do so). Hm.. funny how things work?




And just for the record, I really cant believe I just shared these pictures with the whole world! Welcome to my life.. its just Lindsey :)

15 comments:

Joanna Christmas said...

we're twins!

The Rue Family said...

OMG... I kind of like it brown though! It really makes those baby blues POP!!! I think a few highlights will be perfect! I went back natural too and thought it was horrible so I changed it back to blonde. It would be nice to be natural and not have to worry about always getting it done!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

HAAAA!!!! Mom - I have NEVER seen you like that, obviously. And hardly remember you being as dark as you were in 2005 - you are always a platinum blonde bombshell to me! :) And beautiful no matter what.

Jen&Dave said...

Lou, your eyes are absolutely striking with your natural color. I love seeing you as a brunette. You've just got to get the spunk back that you always had to go with the blonde. Love you!

secarden said...

ha ha ha ha :-)
a. i can only imagine how much fun jr is having with this
b. i love that type-a control-freak lindsey got her world rocked
c. i love it brown - i could see some lighter highlights in but i vote to keep the base dark natural brown
d. does this mean you're going to be a blonde great-grandma when you're 80?
e. you are BEYOND BEAUTIFUL no matter color your hair is silly girl :-)
love you-
sis

Cindy Lou said...

I love brunette Lindsey as much as Blonde Lindsey... REALLY! I do really like the new color... which is the old color... hmmm. I never knew the real you!!!

The Walker Family said...

I'm telling you..it is just beautiful. :-) Maybe you should listen to me next time...us Walker's are pretty smart kids. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Maisy & Lily will recognize their babysitter anymore?! Actually I think MT will be excited to see you have brown hair like she does. I personally really like the brown, it does make your eyes stand out a lot. Either way, you are beautiful!
Love ya,
CT

Nicole McCurdy said...

Lindsey,

I really like it, but I'm partial to brown away. Look forward to seeing the color changes in the next few weeks.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! i will get to see it up close and personal tonight!!! i kinda like it, ive seen it all colors, we started coloring at the same time!! :) remember the perm your mom gave me!!! hahaha no matter what i think you are still stunning! love you see you tonight.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! I'm so glad you decided to go brown with me ;)
No, really... even thought it was an accident, I'm glad to see you as a brunette. I agree with everyone else-you're beautiful no matter what your hair color is-BUT I really do like this!!

Maranda said...

I love the brown!!! You will get used to it very soon and not want to color it anymore. It does make your eyes shine!!!!

The Cox Family said...

I agree...keep it brown! Highlights would be fine but I agree that you should keep the dark base. Just think..it might be easier upkeep if it's natural!

Denira Baird Williams said...

I like it like this!!

Anthony said...

I thought this was Lindsey's blog? Just kidding!! My wife went through something similar, and she looks great with any color hair - just like you!

If you really want people to wonder who you are, shave your head! People I've known my entire life did't know me when I first did that. On second thought, maybe don't do that... :P