4.11.2008

High School Days

Today my friend Abby and I were talking about the good ole days in high school. How sports ruled our lives, girl friends meant EVERYTHING, boyfriends caused so much drama, etc, etc, etc. We laughed about times of pulling pranks, rolling yards, talent shows, getting WAY too excited about homecoming, slumber parties, birthdays, prom night and how EVERYONE was always at the football game on Friday. I guess I was just naive back then to think that everyone loved their high school days, but I was so shocked to hear people say that they did not like their time in high school and wouldn't go back there for anything! I really did LOVE my high school experience, everything about it!! There are of course some things that I wish would not have happened ( losing my senior year sub state game in basketball by 5 points!!! no i am not holding on to that at all haha) but overall I wouldn't change it for the world. When I think back on high school I remember 3 things: GIRLFRIENDS, playing sports and boys. These 3 things pretty much were my everything back in those days and OH how grateful I am for the girlfriends I did have! I am even more thankful that we have been able to stay close through the last 7 years since graduation. We now all have our own separate lives that go in so many different directions, but there is not a doubt that they are still there for me, ready to go through anything that life brings me. Thank you girls for being such great friends and helping me make the most wonderful high school memories :)



I do wish I had more OLD pictures digitally, but I have to remember there was no such thing back then ha! I will try to look for some more soon!!
we have came a LONG way since Senior Trip 2001 huh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVED everything about high school also!! there for a minute i was going down ol' memory lane! we have been very blessed and it is amazing to see how how much we have changed!! love you

The Rue Family said...

Oh my gosh Linds... I love you soo sooo much! But really did you have to put that "pre 80 pound weight loss" pic of me up there?!!

Tara said...

I cant imagine not liking my days "in school"! I loved everything about my memories there. I can only hope that Connor has a good experience also. Thanks for the pics. I too dont have any pictures on my computer, it would take me all day to scan them all. Man, why didnt they go digital sooner?!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am there with you. I totally LOVED high school!!! And totally could not believe that people did not adore it either. I would totally go back.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that was me
Kristy Bible

The Davis Family said...

High school was a blast...and we didn't even really know it then! There were plenty of rough spots, but all I really remember now is us 7!