1.31.2011

38 weeks

This proved to be the most eventful 2 weeks of pregnancy BY FAR! First we had a trip to the hospital that caught us all off guard. After taking medicine to stop the contractions we were sent home and from that point on its been crazy!! I continued to have contractions just about every night after but they were never the real deal, only enough to drive me crazy. THEN right after this picture was taken I came down with a terrible sinus infection. Sadly I can only take over the counter medicines at this point and therefore recovery has been slow. Feeling like my throat is shutting, as if an elephant is sitting on my forehead and the flood gates in my nose were WIDE open... all not fun at all, AND especially when I am a week away from delivery. BUT... my sweet husband has taken very good care of me and I am very hopeful that I will be 100% by Monday to meet Carter.

WHAT?!?! We really get to meet our son on MONDAY? Man I cannot wait! SO many emotions and the day that felt like it would NEVER get here... will soon come. Oh I am so so so so excited :)


Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments: