1.17.2011

36 weeks


36 weeks today and Carter is gaining an ounce per day now. WOW, I guess that explains my weight gain as well... now up to 22 pounds! The doctor says I am right on and no worries, however since I only gained 21 with Griffin I am feeling even more huge ha. We had a doctor's appointment yesterday, as they come every week now. Dr. Henderson said both Carter and I are boringly healthy, praise the Lord! He always asks if Carter is moving around and I just laugh because that is a constant thing with him and he saw for himself this time. As soon as he put the monitor on my belly to check his heart rate, Carter kicked him.. TWICE "Enough said," he said, "that kid is fine" :)



Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely he's in a head-down position, but if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating him from the outside of your belly.

No comments: