12.17.2008

Week 22

Only 3 more weeks until our 3rd trimester! Man isnt that crazy ha??? Well this week has been very similar to the past few weeks in where I can feel Griffin moving all over the place! He continues to be active after I eat and in the middle of the night.. I hope that means he doesnt have his days and nights mixed up!! I am really enjoying being at home now, as it now seems that my priority can be solely on getting ready for him. Not just his room, but physically staying in shape, reading up on all the books I have been wanting to read, and praying for him as he continues to grow. I cant help but let my mind wander to what he will look like, what his personality will be like, etc. Oh I cant wait :)




At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.


Lindsey signature

5 comments:

The Davis Family said...

cute picture!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Lookin great girl!

secarden said...

you finally officially look pregnant :-) woohoo congrats lil' momma ... too cute!

Wendy and Brad said...

You look wonderful!!!

Tara said...

You do look great Lindsey! I cant believe that you guys are already this far along. Connor used to do the same thing and keep me up all night. Of course I didnt mind though because I loved feeling him. My doctor told me that the reason they are more active and night is because your movement during the day keeps them awake, so actually you are right they do have their nights and days mixed up. Guess what- it doesnt change much when they are born either. It took Connor about 2 weeks to get straightened out! See what you have to look forward to- Ha! It is SO worth it!