12.12.2008

A bitter sweet last day

Today marks the end of my journey working for Southeastern. It has been a great 2 year journey and I wouldnt trade the experience and and the wonderful relationships I have created with my co-workers for anything!!! The women that I have met through my job have become some of my very best friends and I have loved all of our great times together! Of course those friendships do not end here, however I know that we can always thank Southeastern for connecting us. Whether it be at a coffee house, playing intramurals, baby/wedding showers (oh there have been so many babies ha!), birthday parties or just hanging out.. I will always cherish our memories together. I will not be quite sure what to do when I cant just pop over and see all of them on a daily basis.. but I have promised to visit often!

I am so thankful that God has provided for JR and I so that I will be able to be a stay at home mom! It is also a huge blessing that I can now go home and prepare for him to come. I have always known that all I ever wanted was to be a wife and mom, and I am so blessed to have a husband who also desires that as well for me. I know that although I will not be "working" any longer, I will have the toughest job in the world ahead of me. I will continue to pray that God will prepare me for that, as I know only He knows how. It will be a transition into the life of a stay at home wife and mom I know in many ways. But I know that even though we may not ever have a fancy car, house, clothes, or lots of material things but we will always have TIME and be able to cherish this time we spent raising our kids, and to me there is nothing that could be more important.

We had a fun going away party for breakfast this morning, so I thank all of my co-workers for their love and support! Here are some of the sweet memories I will always cherish...


















Lindsey signature

3 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

YAY! Welcome to the stay at home Mom world! It is the BEST! There is nothing else I would rather be doing. Yes, it is trying at times when they are having THOSE days, but it is the most rewarding thing you will ever do. I am so glad you have some time at home before he gets here. I still look back on my 2 months at home before she got her and loved it. After we got her nursery done I would sit in there every morning and listen to what is still my favorite worship lullaby cd this is the link to it(http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Over-Me-Worship-Lullabies/dp/B000GEU6FO)and pray over her room and her...it was WONDERFUL and I think really prepared my heart for mommyhood!! Call me if you have questions or need anything!

Denira Baird Williams said...

You have no idea how blessed u are. Going back to work is one of the hardest things. I know that one day I'll get to stay home, but for now this is the sacrifice we are making to be able to plant a church. I need to work to help us get this started. I do love my job though and am so very blessed to get so much time off.

Tara said...

That is great Lindsey! I am sure that it was hard leaving, but not to hard since you have a new job now! The best job of all- Mommyhood! You will love it and I know you all will be glad you made the sacrifice.