12.01.2008

Sharing the news about Griffin

We had such a great time sharing our news with our family over the break! We got home on Tuesday night late and Aunt Rachel was still up so she was the first to find out. I had found an "I love my Auntie" bib for Griffin so I showed it to her to see if she would get it but since it was a neutral color I had to pull out the blue lovey to clue her in a little more. After a quick "aww.. but I wanted a girl" she was excited about Mr. Griffin :) She is going to be such a good Auntie as she had some good practice with Tristan while we were in!



Mom was the next to find out on Wednesday morning. She came and woke us up at 730am with a "Whats the baby?!?!?" because she was so excited and couldnt wait any longer ha! I had written her a note from Griffin telling her all the fun things that I knew that they could do together and it took that, the ultrasound picture of his boy parts AND the blue clothes that we had gotten him for her to be fully convinced! We got it on video but it is sadly dark so you cant see her face. Listen closely though and you will see how she kept saying, "No it isnt... oh that could just be her finger" and "Are you kidding me?" Sorry ladies she is NEVER doing the pencil test again!!!! haha

She since she had bought pink stuff already we had to take stuff back.... but we had a great time spoiling Griffin on Friday when we went shopping so she got over it quickly :)

I was able to get Sue and Dad with something a little different. I had put stickers that spelled out Griffin on my belly so when I walked in and they began to ask what the baby was I told them that I wanted them to take one last look at my belly and see if they could tell. Well Sue always wants me to raise up my shirt anyways so when I did .. there it was! They were both really excited and loved the letter from Griffin as well.

I decided to have a little fun with my brothers since I knew they were clueless about babies and ultrasound pictures. Once they got home that night I broke out the pictures and asked them if they could tell what it was. It was funny b/c they really couldn't even make out the head and such on the first picture but after much probing and a little explanation they caught on. They had both guessed girl but somehow between the last time I talked to them when they said that and when I saw them to tell them they were quite convinced it was DEFINITELY a boy.

Mimi, Potts and Poppa were VERY eager once Thursday rolled around to find out. I had planned to also do the sticker thing for them on my belly, however I left the stickers at dad's so I couldnt. Instead I read them their letter from Griffin and then showed them his picture. They all cant wait to meet him :)
To view all the pictures from this weekend go here.


Here are the videos of the reactions. Several of them have really bad lighting so just turn up the volume to hear the responses! Thank you to everyone for being so patient so we could wait to tell you in person!!!


Lindsey signature

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sweet video! I was looking at your video that you made for the wedding, Tiffany's I think and I was wondering what the name of the 1st song that is played is called! Thanks!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

You are so creative to come up with so many different ways to tell each person! You will have such good memories of this special time!

Tara said...

How fun! I loved being able to watch everyones expressions! I loved your Mom, she was seriously convinced it was a girl, hugh?! Ha!

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

I hope you know I'll be stealing all of these ideas from you 10 years from now when I have a baby! :) Love you Momma!