12.08.2008

Another boringly healthy appointment

And we arent complaining!!! We went for our 21 week checkup today and Dr. Holton said that both Griffin and I looked great. I am up to 6 pounds in total weight gain (and yes Christina for now I will still share ha!) Dr. Holton did share with me that I should start NOT sleeping on my stomach anymore, which is what I have done since birth I am pretty sure.... so I was not to thrilled about that. I mean really... what do I do? Prop myself up with pillows yes I know that, but I always STILL end up on my stomach when I wake up every morning ha! Oh well.. I guess JR will just have to keep rolling me back over! Anyone have any other tips?

We are excited that we are more than 1/2 way there now, and as we passed Rex hospital on the way to the doctor's office, JR commented that we will be driving there soon enough to welcome Griffin :) We will go back next year on January 5th for week 25 checkup!

Lindsey signature

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I am a stomach sleeper, too. I would suggest getting a body pillow, or even one of those special pregnancy pillows like the Snoogle. It will be worht it, as it will be a loooong time before you can sleep on your stomach again! I think Cade was several months old before I could comfortably!

Denira Baird Williams said...

the snoogle is a life saver!

secarden said...

only 6 lbs?!??! puuuuhhhleeezzeee - give me a break - I've gained more than you since you found out you were pregnant - c'mon Momma pack 'em on !!! ;-)

Jenny Cordero said...

Lindsey, I would suggest getting a body pillow too. It's helped me sleep on my side. put some pillows behind you as well.

The Raymonds said...

I've got a snoogle pillow if you want it! Its def the way to keep off your stomach!

Tara said...

Lindsey I was also a stomach sleeper and just had to train myself to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs. It really helped my back at the end of the pregnancy and I loved it so much that after Connor was born I still HAD to have my extra pillow! I have since given it up because it drove Brad crazy. Ha! Good luck!

allison said...

Having a body pillow was the absolute only way I could sleep. I too slept on my stomach until I reached that point in pregnancy that I shouldn't anymore. However, you aren't far from being very uncomfortable if you try to lay on your stomach, so you'll likely wake up if you turn that way in your sleep. Body pillow, you'll appreciate it later too when your back hurts. And just so you know, I'm still not sleeping on my stomach.

The Walker Family said...

I'll agree...get a good body pillow (I have one that you can borrow) and basically sandwich yourself between a body pillow and another pillow. I loved sleeping on my back, and after a week or so of having a pillow wedged under my back and then one between my knees, I stopped rolling onto my back...and I still prefer sleeping on my side. But like others have said, even after Griffin is here, it will take awhile for you to get back to being comfy on your tummy.

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I was a stomach sleeper too and lost sleep over making sure I stayed that way until my dr told me not to worry about it. God made it so that it makes you uncomfortable enough that it wakes you up before it will even bother the baby. This is God's way of keeping him safe. I would wake up with weird things like my back would hurt or my legs would go numb and then I would realize I was on my stomach and roll over. God is so good in every detail! Oh and it won't be long until it is impossible to sleep on it...HA!

The Rue Family said...

I too had the snoogle. LOVED IT!! You have had several offers to borrow from friends, but I am offering mine too if you need/want it!