12.03.2008

Week 20


HOLY COW! Are we really 1/2 way there already?!?! Oh my, I honestly thought I had skipped a week for some reason ha. I am SO very excited and have heard that this 2nd half will fly by so I cant wait. We have already began planning for Griffin's nursery and will probably get started on it just after the holidays! Daddy is a man of many projects and I am so thankful that he is so into helping and being a part of everything. Griffin and Mom had a good Thanksgiving, eating lots of good food.. but of course not too much! This little man is moving all over the place now and I just cant wait for everyone else to be able to feel him on the outside too. I am still very blessed with a boringly healthy pregnancy. Maybe I should just have all boys if it is going to be the same way :)

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

And I had to show off his gift from Amy's mom. Little Carhart overalls.. man he will be so cute in them. Thank you Granna :)

Lindsey signature

6 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

wow it does seem to have flown by so far. I can't believe you are already 20 weeks!! Enjoy the kicking...it's something that i really miss!!!!

Steph Gentry said...

It will go by really fast...until the last month. Somehow the last month is made up of 50 days as opposed to 30. I guess it's because you're so anxious to meet your baby. I'm so excited for your baby boy!!!

Brandi said...

Cute cute...is he gonna be a "Country Boy"? Hope so!! :)
Brylee LOVES Alan Jacksons new song...Im a Country Boy!! (thats her New song....knows is word for word!) Your bumb is soooo cute too!! You look so good for 20 weeks! 1/2 way there..yay!! I can't wait to see pics of him! :)

Casey said...

It does go by so quickly, just wait until they're born! So excited that you're having a boy, they are the sweetest!

Tara said...

Look at that sweet belly! You are lookin' good. You are right it will fly by and soon you will celebrating their second birthday like I am! WOW!

Anonymous said...

I have learned so much about the progression of pregnancy from your blog! thank you.