2.25.2009

Week 32



Oh how exciting that I can plan to gain a pound a week from here on out! I know you are jealous and personally I loved that part of the update the best ha! But the good news is that Griffin is gaining most of that weight and he will hopefully be nice and plump come April :)




Griffin is still a moving and a gro0ving inside. It has been neat to start to recognize his awake times even inside the womb. Right now he gets up between 6:30-7:00am, again when I eat lunch around 12:00 and then again at 5:00 when we eat dinner. Yes it is true that this will totally change later, however I do know that my baby loves it when mommy eats ha! We finished our birthing classes this past weekend and feel that we are as ready as we will ever be at this point. I am so excited about this upcoming weekend in Tennessee as we will get to celebrate his soon arrival with many of our family and friends at showers. I already feel tremendously blessed and we have only had one shower so far with 5 more to go!!!






By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.










2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

YAY! Glad to hear that he is going to be plump...babies are only cute when they are plump...don't you agree? You still look great..so proud of you! Have fun in TN being showered. Wish that I could be there to help celebrate this special time. I will be sending a gift your way though!

Tara said...

Wow, I cant believe he will be here so soon! Lacy is right, plump babies are the cutest! Not to scare you but I really packed on the pounds at the end. At one visit I had gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks! How is that even possible?! I say this not because I think you will but dont want you to feel bad if it does. You are doing awesome Lindsey and look great! I am hoping to be at your shower at the church!