2.18.2009

Week 31

63 days and counting! Griffin and I are still doing great and from the update from baby center it appears he is "active and healthy" because of all the kicks and somersaults I get each day! There is nothing like getting his first kick in the morning, usually around 7am when he wakes up. "Good morning buddy," I always say with a smile :) It is definitely going to be weird not being able to feel him inside me one day, but of course I would rather have him out than in!!

I am still feeling good, besides the occasional heartburn. And continue to have great energy which I am so thankful for! My "to do before Griffin" list is getting some things checked off each day and all I can say is that I am SO GRATEFUL for this time home. This weekend I realized that instead of relaxing on the weekends with my sweetie, that I would be running around like a mad woman... especially since there are only 9 more Saturdays left and 5 of those I already have plans for ha!!!

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments on my last post about diapers. After my showers in a few weeks, we will definitely be stocking up :)






This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beautiful,

Just a little FYI on the "Heartburn"

This is a good thing... (I can hear you now)... Huh?

The more Heartburn you have the more HAIR Griffin will have on his head. Ha! I know it sounds crazy... but that is an Ol' Wives Tell that I have always heard.
And just so you know... I had absolutely NO heartburn at all and Bryan was born BALD!!! Ha!


LU3,

Love,
Auntie S

Nikki said...

You are so on the ball with these blogs, I think I might have to copy and paste my picture on each of your blogs marking the weeks of the pregnancy. Just kidding, I don't think I could be that on top of it even if I did copy! You look great, by the way.