2.26.2009

26 on the 26th!


Today is my official golden birthday... 26 on the 26th :) And oh what a year this will be for me: becoming a mom, first year as a stay at home mom, JR graduating seminary and us figuring out what next for our family.. it should be an exciting year!!!

As I think about the day that Griffin will arrive, I wanted to find out more about my actual 'birth' day. Here is what my mom had to share:

I was a week over my due date and she decided to walk as much as possible to try and get the labor going. She took many laps around my Mimi's subdivision and sure enough it worked! Suzanne Shelton, a neighbor friend, then took her to the hospital and once she got there she was at 2 cm dialation. She didnt have an epidural, because back then they thought it stopped or slowed down the labor. Several hours later she had finally progressed to a 3, however it wasnt moving past that. They decided to do an ultrasound to see what was going on inside and found out that my arm was up and around the back of my head and therefore I was not able to move down further in the birth canal. My mom's blood pressure began to rise and mine also dropped so the doctors called for an emergency c-section to get me out fast. My mom had to be knocked out for the procedure, and after about 36 hours of labor I was born at 2:00am. There were 20-25 people waiting in the waiting room who ALL got to see me before she even woke up... poor Mom! And to make matter worse, the whole time everyone thought I was a boy since ultrasounds were not accurage enough back then to tell for sure and my heartbeat had been in the "boy range." So once my dad brought me into her room when she was awake she could not believe that she had a baby girl! Of course she was happy and it was a wonderful surprise :)
So there ya have it and I have included the youngest picture I have been able to scan. Once I go back to Tennessee I hope to find my actual newborn picture so that we can compare them to Griffin's soon!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!! I always enjoy hearing peoples birth stories. Yours was an exciting one!

Brandi said...

Happy Golden Birthday! :-) Love the Birth Story! I bet Griffin will look just like his Momma!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Happy birthday!!!

Maranda said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey! I can always remember your big day b/c it's the same as Curt's . Love you and can't wait to see you soon -by the way, you look amazing!

carrie helle curry said...

happy birthday lindsey!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lindsey,
I had no idea that your and Ashlee's bith stories were so closely related!
Happy birthday!
Love ya,
Robin