2.11.2009

Week 30

Now its beginning to become VERY real! Already at 30 weeks? Man again I am in shock ha! Dont get me wrong, I am SO excited and even more so after our wonderful 4D pictures of our little man. He is definitely a "JR junior" and I love his little smile so much. JR and I honestly cant stop looking at those pictures and can only imagine what we will do when he is actually here and we can stare at him for real :)

We started our birthing classes this past Saturday and will have 2 more sessions the next 2 weeks. We learned a lot and it was definitely eye opening. I am very nervous about delivery as I have an extremely low pain tolerance. BUT... I have learned from the class and also just throughout the pregnancy, that God has already taught my body how to do it and it will be very natural. As we count down the next 10 weeks, I am sure my anxiety will be greater and greater. I will continue to rely on God's strength through it all and know that of course He is going to take care of me. I also will have a pretty good coach in there with me to support as well :)
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the WORLD did I post my comment on the wrong Pic!!!!????

I think we can/should call it... User Error!

Any who...
I'm a retard!

LU3!

Love,
Auntie S

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

That's interesting about the vision! I had never heard that.

And we know Coach JR will be wonderful! :)

Brandi said...

You look great Momma!! Just 10 more weeks or less....Yay!! When did you tell me your shower was gonna be....?

Anthony said...

HE'S ALMOST HERE!!! The 3D images are so cool - I remember the first ultrasound for Jaden, I was like you, I just couldn't stop staring at the images wondering what he would be like. It's so awesome, I'm so excited for you guys!!!