11.19.2008

week 18


I would have to say that this past week has been the best for me so far! I feel like so much has changed in just a short week, but I was warned by our update last week that the baby would double in size. So obviously if the baby is growing then so am I. I am glad to be getting the sweet "Aww you are expecting" comments and looks now, instead of "man what buffet line did you just get out of?" I am also feeling so much movement now! There is never really a time that the baby is not moving.. oh well unless JR puts his hand down there to feel it ha! Bless his heart he wants to just feel it move so bad and it never does once he starts touching my belly. I want to say that the doctor told me we should start to be able to feel it moving from the outside soon.. is that true? Well I know it will be exciting to go home this Thanksgiving and see everyone in my family and let them see baby Isham in person. Oh and of course we find out the gender too before we go.. how could I forget that? :) Speaking of I should probably mention that fact that even though we hope to find out on Friday, it will be a secret to the blogging world until probably the next Friday. JR and I have decided that since we get to go home so soon after finding out that we would rather tell our family in person! Therefore they are all finding out either Wednesday or Thursday.. hence why it has to remain a secret until then! So sorry.. I know thats mean but it is only one more week haha! Actually if you really just must know and you are really one of my friends and not just a blogging friend, then just call me... I will be glad to share :)

Yahoo.. only 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.



Lindsey signature

7 comments:

The Rue Family said...

I will definitely be calling you FRIDAY!! Emma used to do the same to Trampas. She would be kicking up a storm and flipping like crazy, but as soon as his hand touched my belly she stopped. That only lasted for a while though. Then it was quite different. Anytime she could hear him talk, she went crazy. If he touched my belly she went to moving. In bed if I was laying very close to him and my side was touching him she would move over to that side. It is so funny how they react!!! I'm so excited!

Jenny Cordero said...

Can't wait for you guys to know! Praying for the 3 of you!

Beth said...

Don't worry, JR will feel him/her soon enough! It seems like Jared and everyone else I've talked to go through that stage where you feel them all the time and they stop for Daddy:) By the way...do we qualify as real friends who can call on Friday??? JK! We decided last night that we think it's a GIRL!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

YAY! You are growing...I love it! Isn't it the greatest thing ever! I can't wait to find out girl or boy!!! I'm excited for you!

Joanna Christmas said...

Trey did the same thing every time Robby tried to feel him! I think thats pretty normal for the first little bit, he'll feel the baby soon though!! Just wait!
Thanks for the last blog about the random hair that was growing. I've noticed lately that I have these three inch pieces of hair in front of both of my ears and I was so floored at how that happened because I knew I hadn't cut anything! That makes sense now! Ha..I'll be talking to you soon...probably on FRIDAY!
P.S. You look adorable!

Tara said...

The countdown begins...I cant wait to find out what it is even if that means having to wait. Telling your family in person is all that matters. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Give your Mimi and Potts a hug for me!

Anthony said...

Glad to see all is going so well for you and Baby Isham! The changes (both physical and mental) are so pronounced at this stage - and I know you are enjoying every minute!