11.14.2008

Names

With one week left before we can finally start calling our baby by name, I thought it would be a good time to reveal to those who dont already know the names that we have picked out. I honestly have had these two picked out since I was about 12 I think haha! And I am SO lucky that these two names were also on JR's list of likes, plus we have added in middle names that he has chosen, so it has been a great combined effort for sure! We knew we wanted some sort of meaning for our kids' names and we both loved the idea of using family names. Griffin, which is my maiden name, has always been on my radar as it was both unique and had a lot of meaning for me. Carter, which is JR's mother's side of the family's name, was also one of our favorites for the same reasons. We went back and forth as to whether to use both of those as first names, and whether they should be used for the girl or boy.. this was all before we were pregnant! Once we were about 8 weeks along we finally decided on:

Griffin Jonah Isham
Lexi Carter Isham

We decided on Jonah because it was one JR's favorite list and it eventually ended up on mine. We chose Lexi because it has always been one of my top names, and it was actually on JR's VERY small list for girls haha!

So very soon you guys will be able to join us in praying for either Griffin or Lexi :)


Lindsey signature

10 comments:

Jenny Cordero said...

Yay! Those are fun names! I think we finalized our names for sure too. So like you (twin), we can't wait to call our little baby by name!

Maranda said...

I absolutely love the names linds. I think they are both strong and beautiful. Brody's middle name is Clark which was my mom's maiden name. I would love to use Boston for the next one but I think that may be a little harder to sell to Adam!!!!
We are still praying for little Isham It is so cute to hear Brody repeat me when I ask God to watch over your Baby, he just says "Dod,Baby" Just thought you would like to know he is praying for them too. Love you and we will be counting down with you next week.

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Both good names, Momma :) I love them. I'll call Lexi, LC, I think. That will be her nickname from Aunt Jenn. DIBS! :) A good belly rub coming from Aunt Jenn tomorrow!

Joanna Christmas said...

I think those names are precious. I love the name Griffin! We actually have all of our baby names picked out! So, I guess we need to get a start on having some more so we can use all the names we've picked! Ha.. just kidding!

The Davis Family said...

I love family names!! It makes it so much more special!

The Walker Family said...

I'm praying for Lexi. Jackson and Lexi...it has a beautiful ring to it. But no matter what, I'll love the heck out of this kid. And I promise when ever Jonah Griffin comes out, I won't use the nickname I came up for him the other day ...hahhaha!!
Aunt Amy & Uncle BJ are soooooo excited!!!!
Love you both!

Heather Robinette said...

I love them both! I think it is really special to use family names. Peyton's middle name is Barker after my mom's side of the family.

Tara said...

Love them both! Lexi has always been one of my favorites too! Carter sounds great with it- Of course I am a Days fan and I thought the idea came from "Lexi Carver" Ha! I think it is awesome that you can use your maiden name as the first name of your 1st son, well possibly of course! I cant wait to find out which one you will be using!

Denira Baird Williams said...

love the names!

Nikki said...

I love the names especially the boys name Griffin! You are so on the ball, Sailor did not have a middle name until she was two days old!