3.17.2009

Wake Forest Shower

Saturday my sweet girlfriends here in the seminary community threw Griffin an amazing shower! Since arriving here over 2 1/2 years ago, I have been to MANY a baby showers here ha... so it was very surreal for it to actually be my turn this time :) We had an amazing time together and I honestly was just wishing that I could hang out with all of them even longer. It is fun to have all of the girls you love in the same room.. but sad when it has to end!


Elizabeth, Amy and Jordan were the lovely hostesses. The shower was held at Elizabeth's house and it was just perfect! I promise they thought of EVERYTHING. Just wait you will see....

First of all, I always love diaper cakes and normally am the one giving them. Isnt this one the cutest?? Thanks Aunt Elizabeth!


AND there was also a special diaper wreath too! Aunt Jordan you are the best!



The cake was AMAZING! Aunt Amy made it ALL by herself and I was so impressed! I loved the stripes, polka dots and all the colors. And she even made little booties out of icing for the top too! If you remember she also made my birthday cake and did a great job on it as well. Anyone need themselves a cake made soon? I think I know someone you should ask ha!




These were my absolute favorite and the only special thing I had requested. Amy makes the best fruit pizza ever and she made these little minis that were YUMMY!



We played 3 very fun games- the first was guess how big around the momma is. Miss Rachel won this one.. she took my advice that I wasnt really THAT big ha!

Game #2 was "Guess the Poo"- Who can guess what candy bar is the poo in the diaper? Well let me tell ya it was sure fun to watch everyone try to figure it out haha!! Check out the montage to see everyone's faces as we played the game.. it is hilarious!
And the last game was a quiz about Griffin that was so fun!


We had a time of prayer for Griffin that was a very sweet time...


and there were prayer cards for everyone to take home.


Last but not least.. the lovely favors!


Also, as you can probably tell, these pictures were not taken by me. Instead I had my very own professional photographer there to capture every moment in a special way! It sure pays to have such talented friends.. thanks BJ!!


Thank you friends for making me feel so special and spoiling Griffin so much! I am so thankful for each of you and cannot wait for you to meet him :)

No comments: