3.04.2009

Week 33

Griffin and I are spending week 33 in Tennessee! It has been so nice to get to spend time with family and friends... and of course I anticipate the next time we come back and he actually gets to meet everyone :)

My little 4 pound pineapple is pushing on my rib cage pretty bad and I am often in pain on my right side, so that must mean that is his hiding spot. I can feel my stomach stretching as well and it is itching like crazy! Dont worry I have been lotioning up every day religiously so its not that.. I just think he is in a major growth spurt again. Another thing I have noticed this week is that I am OBSESSED with ice! Man I just cant get enough of it... and I apologize to all those around who have to hear me crunch on it all the time.

We are now past the 50 day mark... WOW!!!


This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm just a random blog reader, but just wanted to suggest that you ask your doctor to do a blood test to see if you are anemic. Chewing on ice is a classic sign on low iron...esp when pregnant! I have had several friends who had to take supplements..Just wanted to pass that along...Congratulations on the upcoming baby!

Unknown said...

I craved ice with salt and reading your other comment I was anemic with both of mine while pregnant I don't think it is healthy to put salt on it but i craved it BAD!!!! So glad you are doing well:)

alicia harrison said...

Hey! I have been obsessed with ice these past few weeks and my doctor said when you crave ice your iron is low, nothing to worry about just eat some red meat and other things high in iron
just thought i would let you know!