3.25.2009

Week 36


ALREADY SIX POUNDS??? Whew ha! Of course I know this is an estimate, however I can definitely tell he is getting bigger and bigger as each week passes. Dr. Holton will do an ultrasound next week to confirm that he is head down (from the outside feeling my stomach he says he is about 99% sure he is, so thats good!). He will also do some guess as to his weight thus far and he said he would put me in the small-medium category on that so far. As the mom who will be pushing this baby out.. small sounds GREAT to me :)






I am doing my best to stay active, however it has become difficult to do just about all normal every day tasks. I have been spring cleaning and lets just say that is REAL interesting! I have to take a lot of breaks in between because my back gets sore and Griffin also loves to remind me that he is in there and some of the positions I am getting in he doesnt like ha! It is not uncommon for him to kick so hard that I can feel his little foot pushing out on my left side. Again we are hoping for a punter or field goal kicker haha! Still walking every day, but I will admit that I am sleeping in more often now and instead do it in the afternoons.






I never thought this day would get here but I am so excited!!! 28 days!!!!









Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little under 19 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely he's in a head-down position, but if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where he'll try to turn your baby by manipulating him from the outside of your belly.













5 comments:

The Raymonds said...

Looking good! I had my lil boys at 36 weeks on the day...aww the memories! Get as much rest as you can right now- its not much longer until you'll be Griffin will be here to keep you on your toes!

Anonymous said...

I would love to know the color you used in your nursery? It looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
Sleep in, take naps, get as much rest as you possibly can. Griffin is kickin it in high gear now getting ready to meet his mom and dad, he is using a lot of your energy.

Shannon Bradley said...

It is so fun to see your little belly grow and how excited you are! This is such an awesome time for you and JR...if your labor goes as well as your pregnancy, you will miss it as much as I did ;) You look so pretty and I can't wait to see that sweet baby boy of yours!!

The Rice Family said...

Hi there,
Just wanted to drop a line and say good luck. Seems like you've had a great and smooth pregnancy (praise God for that one :) ) I hope that everything goes great with your delivery and transition bringing the baby home. From the pics his room and even his bathroom are too cute! Good luck!