2.07.2008

Just by being available...

Bishop and JR

JR received the most amazing email today from a lady we went to Africa with 2 years ago. She had returned for a 2nd trip last year and had this to say:

"On the way to the village we stopped and picked up Sizwe. He is the young man that you and Bishop witnessed to that Wednesday afternoon. I wish you could see him now, I did not even recognize him when I first saw him. He was dressed so nicely, a suave looking young man. He kinda looked “raga muffin” when we were there in ’05. I was amazed when I saw him. He is back in a school, preparing to go on to college, and he is making excellent grades...... and I have saved the best for last----as we were driving back that afternoon (Sizwe and I in the back seat) I told him that I had to ask one more question. I reminded him of you and Bishop that afternoon when you were talking with him. Of course I got that big smile, then I asked him if he ever accepted Jesus and asked Him to come into his heart? He smilingly told me that he did. He said there were some problems that he got settled and then he did. He did not go into any details re: the problems. I told him how happy I am, because I wanted to know that I would see him in heaven! I told him that I would let you know also. JR, you and Bishop were sent there that afternoon and there is a young man in Africa who is going to be in heaven because of you! Thank you Jesus."

All because he was available, there will be another soul with us in heaven. Please understand that I do not share this story to brag on my husband at all because it was nothing that JR did on his own, but simply God working through him to speak to Sizwe. Some might take this lightly, however I know I do not... this is what makes my heart skip a beat and allows me to remember how great our God is. There were times, even when I was there in Africa, that I had no clue why we were to go there. But now I do...




3 comments:

The Rue Family said...

WOW that is AMAZING! GOD is so awesome!

Nikki said...

That is an amazing story. God is so great!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Lindsey this is a great story! Very inspiring. Hope you guys are doing well!