2.13.2008

Has it really been that long?

Last night I played my first intramural basketball game here at Southeastern. I must say that first of all I am very excited to be playing again, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE basketball and miss it dearly. I have not played a real game since college intramurals, 3 years ago! I had a lot of fun playing with the girls and getting to know some new people I had never met before. Now for how I really feel the day after..... OLD AND SORE!!! ha

Man I never realized what good of shape I was in back in high school. Coach K would have us running for 2 and sometimes 3 straight hours and I was go go go non-stop. Somehow last night I could barely breath after just a couple of trips up and down the court :)

We will be playing for the next 5 Tuesday nights so hopefully it will get better ha! Gosh I do enjoy the competition though....

I had called my Mimi to tell her that I was playing and she just laughed and said, "Well I hope you dont get kicked out of the seminary for being so mean out there." And she wasnt the only one.. my loving husband loves to remind me of how mean I was on the court too ha. He says I was a "scrapper" :)

Well Mimi I didnt hurt anyone and we are still here at seminary. I did feel that competitive blood start flowing real quickly though ha! JD I so wish you were still out there with me!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i play sometimes with the girls during practice and i need oxygen doing the drills with them!! i know i wishi was in 1/2 the shape i was in high school and to think i though i was "fat" then...WOW !

Tara said...

Thats awesome! Isnt it great when you get to go back to doing something you love!

Maranda said...

Well I have to agree with Mimi on that one. I remember in tight games when we needed an awesome defender we always would want to put you in. But it seems like you may have gotten a foul or two in the day. I am so glad you are playing again!