2.26.2008

25 reasons to be thankful

In light of 25 years, I thought I would take the time to post 25 things that I am thankful for about life as Lindsey:

(in no particular order)

1. I am so thankful for birthdays.... I love birthdays!!! ha of course this one would come to mind on a day like today, but honestly I love everyone's birthdays! I love sending cards and singing the birthday song so that you feel special. I hope that as the years go by, I will continue to love celebrating each and every one :)

2. I am so thankful for JR- God truly has taught me so much in the last year and a half through my marriage and I am so grateful to share each and every day of my life with him.

3. I am thankful I get to spend an eternity with my Savior.

4. I am thankful for the many ways to stay in touch with others. I love people ha! Communication has always been a strong suit for me, and particularly staying in contact with all of those who are near and dear to me.

5. I am thankful to be a big sister! Tyler, Mason and Rachel are 3 awesome kids and I love being their big sister. I am so grateful that our relationships continue to get stronger each and every day.

6. I am thankful for competition- Whether on the basketball court, cheering on the vols, or just playing "Sorry"... I love playing games and competing! :)

7. I am thankful for God's love and mercy His gives to me each and everyday. Oh how good it is to know that He is not yet done with me... thank goodness ha!

8. I am so thankful for being an Auntie! Even though I have not even met Tristan as of yet, the moment I saw that little boy's picture I feel in love and the tears started flowing! God is so good to give our family this perfect gift and I cant wait to watch him grow.

9. I am so thankful for my friends!! Old friends and new friends, each of them hold a special place in my heart. God knew exactly when I would need each of them and there is no doubt that the memories I have made with them will never be forgotten.

10. I am thankful for my church family- JR and I knew we wanted a smaller church so that we could feel more like a family and the last 6 or so months of going there we have truly developed a great relationship with so many there. They are there for us no matter what and we cant thank them enough.

11. I am thankful for this blog :) Sounds crazy... but knowing that I can keep in touch with so many people through it makes my day!

12. I am thankful that love never stops growing. It is crazy to think that JR and I have been in love for so long, and yet that I can truly love him more each new day. God is changing us both daily, and through Him I know that it will only continue to get better and better.

13. I am thankful for God's plan for my life. 3 years ago I would have never guessed that JR and I would be at seminary, and yet in God's perfect plan we have no doubt that this is exactly where we are supposed to be.

14. I am thankful for my family- Our family is very tight knit and I am so lucky to have great relationships with each of them. They give me so much love and support and I am definitely one lucky girl!

15. I am thankful God hears my prayers. Rather I am rejoicing and want to praise Him, or there is a need for someone I know, He is always there to hear my prayers.


16. I am thankful for pictures! I love taking pictures of the many experiences I have in life so that I will forever have a memory. Pictures are all over my house and camera is always in hand ready to shoot :)

17. I am thankful for recipes- Before JR and I got married, I never had any desire to cook ANYTHING ha! Now to friends and family sharing recipes with me, I have given it a shot and turned out to not be as bad as I thought.

18. I am thankful for a great job! Again, never thought I would be a secretary however it totally fits me. I love the people I work with and my boss is great.. what more could I ask for?

19. I am thankful for reunions- Living far away from family and friends, and constantly eager to keep in touch with them, I am so thankful when I get to have a reunion. Our Griffin family has one every year, and Phi Mus like to have 1, 2, or maybe even 3 a year..... and I am loving every minute of it!

20. I am thankful for little kids! God definitely blessed me with a love for all children and there is truly nothing that makes my day more than to get a smile and a hug from them :) I cant wait to one day have my very own!!!

21. I am so thankful for wisdom- When I think back on even 3 years ago, I realize how much I have learned from that point to where I am now. God uses His word, experiences and people to sharpen and fashion us and I love to see how much He teaches me each and every year.

22. I am thankful for laughter! There is just something about getting to laugh that always warms my heart. I love calling a friend on the phone and laughing, laughing with JR when he does something silly at home or taking a break at work to laugh with my friends.

23. I am thankful for traditions. I love coming up with our own traditions as an Isham family, and also continuing the childhood traditions that I have always had. It may sometimes seem a little more old-fashioned, but I honestly think that we are getting away from it too much. How cool will it be to tell our children when we are old, "Yes we have slept under the Christmas tree the night we put it up since me and your daddy first got married."

24. I am thankful for my health- Even though I am only 25, I know that there are other people who are younger than me who have not been as healthy as I have over the years. Besides a broken finger and the occasional allergies, I am healthy as can be.

25. I am thankful for another year! It is crazy that I am already 25 because I used to think back in high school that 25 was so old :) I hope that I will not take one single day of this next year for granted and that I would live each day to its fullest, loving my God and all those that He puts me in contact with.






7 comments:

The Cox Family said...

Happy Birthday friend! Hope you have a great day!

Brandi said...

Happy Happy Happy 25th Birthday!! I hope you have a grand day! :)
(did you ever think you would be "glad" to be 25?...I know I didn't!) haha what it was like to be younger!

Anthony said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!!!

I meant to send a card, but being the guy that I am, I forgot. But it's amazing that I can get on the internet and BAM you get my birthday well-wishes for you!

I'm truly inspired by your thanksgiving on your birthday! When praises go up, blessings come down! May God continue to bless you guys and may your work prove fruitful and glorious in the years to come. Cousins by blood, siblings by Spirit!!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!! i love you!

secarden said...

happy birthday miss lindsey love you to pieces you're the bestest !!!

a birthday pic just for you:


http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/secarden/lindsey.jpg

Becca said...

Happy, happy birthday!
May the coming year(s) find you continuing to praise God! :)

Tara said...

Happy 25th!!!!!