4.18.2007

VA Tech

So of course we have all heard about the tragic event at VA Tech on Monday, but for some reason I cannot get it out of my head. I have been checking Fox News like every other second to see what news there is now only to find out more sad and disturbing news. I of course am mad at what this man did, but I am also sad for him. I try to think about what on earth could have made him THAT mad to do that to so many people he didnt even know. We definitely live in a world today where people get in such a hole that they cant seem to find their way out, and therefore always wind up doing something hurtful to themselves and/or others. I cannot imagine how I would feel if this happening on UT's campus or let along the campus I work on right now. I am deeply mourning right now for the victim's families, friends, classmates and everyone in the VA tech family. I just saw a video on the news of a father of one of the girl's who got killed. Here is it 24 hours later and they are asking him questions like, "How do you feel right now, Tell us about your daughter, Are you mad at the administration of VA Tech?" I mean cmon really?!?!? Are you really asking him that right now... give the man some time to first of all realize what just happen. It is nobody's fault here, just simple another reminder of how crazy the world is that we live in today. I am so thankful that I have the promise of eternity in heaven where there will be no mourning and simply rejoicing and praising going on :)

No comments: