4.27.2007

Reunions

So I am a little obsessed with reunions I think :) I have already began planning a college reunion tailgate with my sorority sisters for next Fall, would love the thought of having a family reunion (although my family is now from every side of the world so not sure how that would work) AND have even started thinking about my 10 year high school reunion (which is 4 years away ha!). What in the world is wrong with me haha, I am bound and determined to stay in touch with every person I know and love and it is just so hard. I would say a lot has to do with the fact that I am 6 hours away from every one i know, but also just the reality that I am growing up. No more Friday night football games with high school friends, no more hanging out with friends in Massey every night of the week, no more UT football games every single Saturday (although that will change some now that we have season tickets). God has truly blessed me with great friends here in NC, so I am not complaining by any means, I guess it is just hard to let go of other friendships for me :) I have so many great friends though, so who would want to ha! JR calls me that planning queen, but is very thankful that I do keep in touch so well, because he does not :)

In all reality I would love to start traditions of reunions now so that I will continue to get to see friends and family in the future and can always look forward to those times. My high school friends and I always try to get together one night for dinner around Christmas time and it is GREAT! I am planning on starting a tailgate reunion for college friends the first home game of every season. And as far as the family goes, well you tell me. We do have a Griffin reunion in Alabama every Labor Day so that is good.

I want to hear about your ways of keeping up with family and friends. Tell me traditions you have started that have remained strong through the years. I am Queen Planner Extraordinaire, so once I have an idea I can for sure do my best to make it happen :)


1 comment:

Michael said...

WOW!!! Finally someone that understands how I have felt for almost 3 years. It is hard not getting to see the people that you spent the first twenty something years growing up with and going to college with. I can say though that it does get easier, as you make new friends you don't feel as lonely. But, you can always rely on the comfort that you can be back home in a few short hours if anything every required you to be. There's not to many people that I try to keep up with but you are one of them. Thank you for your friendship, love you guys.