4.22.2009

Week 40

We have so much to celebrate today.. and I decided to wear my favorite maternity dress to do so!!! I never would have dreamed that we would already be here at the 40 week mark.. it is SO exciting! My pregnancy has been so wonderful these last 9 months and I am so thankful. We have a baby who has made it full term and is very healthy as well, what more could two parents ask for??? As you read in our previous post- our doctor's appointment went very well on Monday. I have still not progressed any further but we are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel! We will go back to Dr. Holton tomorrow and if nothing has changed we will then schedule the induction with the hospital for next week. To think that this time next week I will be at home holding my sweet son makes me want to just dance around scream YAYAYAYYAYAYAY!!!! :)



Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for that special birth day.


It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.







1 comment:

Tara said...

So exciting!!! I know you guys are just about to go crazy!