4.06.2009

Week 38 Check Up

We are officially 50% effaced! Yes I guess that is exciting right because at least something is happening!!! Of course we were hopeful to hear more and maybe even be dilated some, but as our doctor reassured us... this really means nothing! I could be dilated and labor still be a slow process, or I could dilate really fast and progress along all in one day. Who knows :) The crazy thing was that I was having a contraction while I was there and I didnt even know it. I have felt a few braxton hicks in the last week, but evidently things are happening and I dont know it all the time!

Griffin's heartbeat was 156 bpm and my blood pressure is still great at 112/72.

My mother's intuition is telling me that Griffin is going to stay in as long as he wishes because he is very comfortable. I would guess 3 days late on April 25. Other family members are hopeful that he will be an Easter baby. All we can do it wait and see!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i was 50% effaced and 1 cm dialated at 34 weeks. She didn't come until 4 weeks later! but everyone's pregnancy is different. i was just shocked i stayed that for 4 whole weeks!

Channa said...

April 21st...that's our guess!

Shannon Bradley said...

So much fun!!! I look back and LOVED the "waiting" and "guessing" game...!!! Especially if you are enjoying the pregnancy! Cant wait to see his handsome little self!!

Tara said...

Hey at least its something! Better 50% than nothing. Everyone is so different. I was 60% and 3 cm for two weeks and was induced early. Connor was still stubborn and didnt want to come out. Griffin will come when he is good and ready, unfortunately all that means is we have to wait!

Jones Family said...

Thats great news! I was dialated 4cm when I went in with Taylor and was only in labor for about 6 hours. Can't wait to see Griffin, I love that name, it was one that I had picked for Hayden. It's also my mom's maiden name.