4.11.2009

Busy Bodies

In hopes that maybe one day I might find it entertaining to remember what we were doing in our final days before Griffin arrives... I have decided to use the blog as an online journal. It is definitely more frustrating than amusing to us both now, but one day when I am reading this back to Griffin again hopefully we all can laugh :)


Friday, April 10

We didnt wake up until 10am. it was SO nice to not have an alarm clock. Your Daddy cooked himself some pancakes and I had a poptart to cure my brown sugar craving. We played some mario kart because we have become addicted. He beat me as usual but it was nice to laugh and relax together. We went on a long walk and ended at the park. Laid out a blanket and just enjoyed the beautiful weather. Came back home and showered and then went on a date night to the new Mellow Mushroom in town, your Daddy's favorite. Went to walmart to get some things for our Easter lunch. Came back and played more mario kart and enjoyed our bag of reese pieces. Felt like 12 yr olds sitting on the couch playing video games and vegging out on chocolate. Watched a movie on online netflix and then went to bed at 10:30pm.


Saturday, April 11



Woke up earlier, both feeling too busy to sleep. Your Daddy worked on the car all morning while I cleaned the entire house, did all the laundry (even though there wasnt much since I had just done it 3 days ago), make chocolate chip cookies, made my very first deviled eggs and slaw and then we washed the car together. Washing the car showed you how crazy we are about having everything clean bc I can probably count on my hand how many times its been done in the 4 years we have had it ha. Had a nice visit from the Lewis family and loved watching Lily kick and giggle. I finished my The Lucky One book that I have enjoyed over the last week. We went on another long walk, up a giant hill which is getting pretty hard for me to do. I came back and took a bath to shave my legs (yes I can still reach them), while your daddy went to the store to get stuff to make pretzels. SOFT PRETZELS are my OBSESSION right now! And now it is 6pm and I am updating this while the Masters are on in the background. Probably will make some dinner soon and then the yummy pretzels. I am sure Mario Kart will come and take the rest of our evening, or maybe another movie. Could you please just hurry up already? It is tiring trying to stay busy just so we dont think about you EVERY second of the day :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please share how you make your soft pretzels. Thanks