4.15.2009

Week 39

Here we are now 1 week out... well maybe ha! Nothing really has changed since last week. I am still 50% effaced, having the occassional braxton hicks contractions and feeling pretty good! JR and I are still walking every night and other than just being ready to have my old body back and of course ready to meet my little boy, I really cant complain. This past week has been one of true impatience to say the least. I officially HATE due dates I think. You see every other thing in life that has a date set (wedding, graduation, moving, etc) it REALLY happens on that date. However because a due date is just a rough estimate it can drive a girl plum crazy!!!!!!!! BUT I have decided that for these next however many days, I am simply just going to enjoy myself and know that in God's timing he will come :) I have not done very well at trusting God's timing and I just need to realize that He is in control and has already picked a special day for my little boy to be born.

And as my mom reminded me this morning, "2am is a lot nicer while he is still in your belly." HA! So true :)

Off to enjoy the day outside, roaming around Target and just doing whatever I want to do!!!




Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds.The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did target yesterday, have fun! ct

Tara said...

I know it is so hard waiting only to not know when he will actually come! Your Mom is so right, as hard as it is try to enjoy these last few moments just the two of you because it will never be the same again. Those 2 am feedings will be here soon enough! You keep up the exercise. I think that is just incredible. I hope to be able to do that for the next pregnancy!

Unknown said...

I hope at this time you are enjoying with your baby. am 39 weeks pregnant now.