4.12.2009

Easter Sunday

I woke up this morning telling you that if you would come out today then we could have some fun hiding Easter eggs, but I guess I wasnt convincing enough ha! We had a lovely Easter Sunday service at Union View- it is so great to celebrate the risen Savior. Your daddy taught the youth in Sunday School about a healthy fear of God and it reminded me once again about how BIG God is and how much mercy and grace He has given me. I cannot wait to explain this to you one day and teach you all about His love for you.



After church we went over to Uncle BJ and Aunt Amy's house for lunch. Your best friend Jack was super cute as usual and we had a blast playing with him. Here he is with your daddy's Braves hat on .

And here he said, "Griffin please hurry up so we can play together!!"


"Man I sure hope you sure have a goofy dad.. but I still love him!"


After leaving the Walkers, we came back to the house and decided to sit outside and read to enjoy the beautiful weather. I am reading "Dont make me count to three" which is a book about how to discipline biblically in a heart-oriented way. Man I am telling ya buddy, this whole parenting thing scares me like crazy.. but I am so thankful that ultimately you belong to God and that He has just decided to give me and your daddy the responsibility of training you to honor and glorify Him. Your daddy has been on Easter break all week so he has decided to do some leisure reading and is reading some civil war book. He has recently became very intrigued about US history and talks all the time about how he cant wait to teach you about it.
After reading we tried to take a nap and it was actually quite comical to see. Right now we have this really small loveseat as a couch and it was already hard enough for us both to be able to lay on it together, BUT now that you have grown so much in my belly... it is REALLY interesting to see all 3 of us on here ha! Finally after you wouldnt stop kicking after about 30 minutes we just gave up. We got up and watched the Masters. It was one of the first times I actually enjoyed watching golf on TV! There was a 3 way tie and the end and Angel Cabrera ended up pulling it out. We ended the night with another long walk and watching some TV. Tomorrow we are headed to the doctor for our week 39 appointment. Hopefully he will give us some good news and tell us you are coming soon :)

No comments: