10.29.2008

Week 15

175 days to go! Wow that is crazy. And look how big our baby is! When I opened the update email I couldn't believe it :) Granted it still has a lot of growing to do, but it is getting there. And speaking of "it", I really HATE calling it that but that wont be for long! We are on the 23 day countdown before we find out the gender and we CANNOT wait! JR started this countdown a few days ago and is like a little kid counting down until Christmas.. it is so cute. I am still feeling well, minus sneezing and coughing WAY more than normal. (You can probably notice in the picture that I am a bit stuffy. It was taken just after a sneeze attack this morning!) Anyways from what the update tells me, this is normal for pregnant women to have more mucus build up than normal.

I do have some big news, or at least I think. Yesterday while sitting in chapel I felt something in my belly that felt like a feather rubbing against the inside of my lower stomach. I do not know of course if this was for sure the baby, but it was really cool to feel either way! I know that once I start feeling it more often I will be able to tell the difference between the baby and gas, but using my best motherly judgment I don't think this was gas bubbles :) It is a little early though, since they say 16-18 weeks but I will keep ya updated!

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")



Lindsey signature

4 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Yay!!! I love the feeling of my sweet baby moving inside me. There is nothing like it. Granted it does get a little uncomfortable at the end, it is the thing I missed most after having Kiley. You look fabulous too! Can't wait to find out what it is!!

Anonymous said...

Ha!

Oh my goodness!!

Look at that look o your face!!

I'm soooo happy for U3!!!

Love you Baby Girl!

Love,
Auntie Stac
xoxo xoxo

Jenny Cordero said...

YAY BABIES!!! That's great lindsey that you felt something...You know when it's your baby...especially when it's low tapping. I felt it again yesterday as I was looking at maternity portraits. I'm taking some today for a friend who is 36 weeks pregnant. I love that we get to experience this time of our lives together...even if we are miles a part away!

Tara said...

So exciting! You look great! It wont be long until you can start making those sweet creations in pink or blue!