10.14.2008

Week 13

Week 13 officially marks the end of the first trimester and the start to the second.. HOORAY! It is strange to think that the baby is only the size of a medium shrimp, even though that seems smaller than what is was last week at a lime ha! Anyways I definitely can tell my belly is growing. I am started to get a bit uncomfortable at night, especially after eating. I can tell my belly is stretching out there for sure :) My mom and Rachel are coming to visit us tomorrow for the weekend and we are going to make the first trip to get some maternity clothes, as it is just about that time since I cant button most of my pants! Definitely investing in some bella bands first so that I can get a bit more wear out of my clothes.

We went to the doctor for a checkup today and he said everything looked great! The baby's heartbeat was 164 beats per minute and it was so great to hear as always (see video below). We will go back again at 17 weeks and then get to find out what it is at 18 weeks. I am so excited because it works out to be the week before Thanksgiving that we find out so we will be able to tell all of our family at home in person! So much to be thankful for :)
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.


Lindsey signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsey and JR, I always look forward to your weekly post. It's wonderful getting to share the doctors visits with you both.
I Love You,
Aunt Debbie

Tara said...

Isnt it just the most wonderful sound! Hooray for hitting the 13 week mark, thats great news!

Anonymous said...

yeah for baby isham!!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Love watching your belly grow. I have a friend who is about the same month as you and every week I tell her "did you know it's the size of a shrimp"?

I actually had a dream it was big sis/little sis night last night because I posted the quilt. In the dream I was sad because Monica (who was the Phi Trainer in my dream) forgot to match me with someone:)