10.28.2008

My sweetest friend is leaving me!

Tomorrow I will have to say "goodbye for now" to one of the best friends I have made here in Wake Forest. Leigh and I met at work as she works in the office right beside me but we have become so much more in the last 2 years of knowing each other. She was also my teacher for a women's certificate class, we have cheered on sports games together, we celebrated birthdays together in February, she is my hair stylist, we have been teammates, we have shared monthly girl dates to Chilis, we have laughed together and we have cried together. She truly has inspired me with her deep love for Jesus and reliance on God in all things, as well as her many talents. She has taken my mom's job of cutting my hair ever since we have moved here.. and for those who have only had one beautician their whole life.. you know thats a big deal in trust :) She is also so so so creative and the best little gift giver.

I have so enjoyed learning from her and cherish her friendship so very much. Although it is hard for me to say goodbye for now, I do know that our friendship is the kind that will last even through the many miles that we will soon be. Leigh will be going back home to Virginia to spend a few months with her family before she heads overseas to serve with the IMB for 2 years. I am so incredibly proud of her and have no doubt that God will use her in many ways for His glory there. Right now I am hanging on to skype, facebook and blogger because those will be our only source of communication.. but thank goodness for them :)

I love you Leigh Carter and thank you for being real with me and loving me so much!

Lindsey signature

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

This post makes me cry. I don't want to think about tomorrow.