10.17.2008

Paris

Sorry for the delay! Here are the long awaited pictures from our wonderful trip to Paris. We really did have an awesome time and loved site seeing together. Our favorite part was taking pictures of ourselves and you will see from all of the pictures ha! It was a beautiful country so there was so much to take in. All of our days were made up of sight-seeing, sight-seeing and more sightseeing, with a few meals in between of course. We had some interesting experiences with the food there including JR ordering pasta one night that smelled like a stink bomb was included inside hahah! Oh the laughs and the memories :)

Our hotel was amazing.. nothing short of a palace. And the park that was surrounding it was even more beautiful. We spent an entire day just riding bikes around the park and taking in the scenery. The only part that was not so great about our hotel was that it was a 30 minute walk to the train station every day. And speaking of that... we WALKED and WALKED and WALKED everywhere we went!!! By the end of the day both of our legs and feet were hurting so bad that all we wanted to do was lay in the bed :)

Another interesting thing about Paris was the food. We were told to try Crepes, Fallafals, etc. and we did.. BUT not really all that I expected. I think that everything was just so bland and we are used to American food, so it was just very different. That and the fact that you never really knew what you were ordering ha! Lots of mystery meat... and speaking of this one was the most gross.

Yes this is a RAW hamburger patty with a RAW egg on top!!! Are you kidding me??? Every time I saw it I was very sick to my stomach... and every time I ordered a burger I made sure to tell them cooked hahah! We did have a really nice French meal at a fancy restaurant which was so small only about 20 people could fit inside. It was a very enjoyable experience though and the food did not let us down, however we could not manage paying over $100 for every meal like that. They apparently like to serve a lot of items with a raw egg on top b/c we found it true for pizza too.. YUCK!!!
I will have to brag on the French people, even though we were told to expect them to be rude. We really only had one encounter with a guy who was mad b/c we sat down in "his chair" when we were outside in a public area, but other than that everyone was very nice. We were so lucky to always find someone who spoke English at any place we went so we did not have any real language barriers. We definitely have to continue to brag on the airline lady from Lufthansa too.. man I dont know what we would have done without her!

Oh the metro..... I think I have a love hate relationship with this system ha! It was great in that we never had to take a taxi or anything, however I always felt in such a panic every time we got on. Paris is definitely a FAST pace city, so everyone is going 900 mph ALL the time. We had to Rush here and Rush there, get off this stop to Rush over to that stop, etc. There was never a time when we didnt have to make less than 3 changes so it was off one, down the tunnel to find the next one, are we sure we are going towards the right way? alright jump on!!! Anyways we were very thankful for the cheap mode of transportation, but both agreed that if we had to ride on the metro every single day we might go insane!!! Check out this video I took in order to show the madness.


I loved our babymoon and just getting to have my husband all to myself for an entire week! It was a great chance for us to spend much needed quality time together away from work and school before the baby comes. We took at ton of pictures but below are some of my favorites. If you want to see them all you can go here.



Lindsey signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Maisy thought there was too many kissing pictures & naked people (the statues & paintings) Ha! I think I would pass on the raw meat & raw egg stuff. Gross!! Thanks for sharing! Love ya, ct

Kat said...

So fun! I'm glad ya'll had a good time and got back to America eventually :) I saw something on the raw hamburger on TV this week and it almost made me sick too...never had that experience there thankfully. I know ya'll will cherish that trip forever!

Tara said...

What a wonderful babymoon! I love that phrase by the way... It looks like you all had the time of your lives! The picture of the raw meat and egg made me sick too. Have the French not ever heard of salmonella (spelling)? Crazy! Anyways, the pictures are great and I am just wondering what nice citizen followed you all around to take them. You must have had a tripod! They are excellent! Definitely Christmas card worthy!

LL said...

You didn't like the bouef tartare?! Beef tartare is so good!!! There's a French bistro in DC that I go to a lot for their tartare...It really is good, but normally they mix the raw egg in with the meat/chives/capers..that's strange they didn't do that there. Oh well.