10.23.2007

My sweetie...

Last night I got home at 8:30pm to find my husband sitting out in our driveway in the rocking chair. After work I had played basketball with some girlfriends and then went to dinner with Leigh at Chili's for our once a month outing together. Anyways, when I got home I just thought that JR was outside enjoying the nice evening weather and reading under the stars (he has done this plenty of times before). But no... pretty sure he had left his keys and his phone at work and was LOCKED OUT of the house!!! I started laughing hysterically and asked him why in the world he did not call me from the neighbors house, or even walk back to the gym where I was to get my keys (it is only about 1 1/2 to the school from our house). He said he just did not interrupt me from my girl's night and that he needed to get some reading done anyways.. so he was just fine sitting outside. I continued to laugh really hard and could not get over the fact that he was perfectly content just being outside with NO FOOD for 3 1/2 hours. Needless to say I felt awful about it too but overall it gave us something to laugh about all night. I swear that man continues to shock me more and more each day haha! I am surprised at how different we are sometimes but I know that God made it that way so that we would always be able to learn from each other and have plenty of humor in our marriage. You better believe if I was locked out of the house for even 10 minutes I would have been pitching a fit and would have made sure he came home to let me in haha! Maybe I am just too selfish.... or maybe I am just smart :) Love you sweetie and thank you for your unselfishness! I promise to never lock you out again!!!

No comments: