7.11.2008

I am small but You are big enough...

Our missions team was just sent an email from a Filipino named Lovejoy. She is a woman that they see every year on their trip and her testimony despite the damage is amazing....

Hello everyone,

Praise God for his goodness and faithfulness!

It’s been three weeks after typhoon frank hit Iloilo and I believe that with God’s help, we are recovering. I’ll be sharing with you some of the pictures showing how the flood hit our house, the parsonage.

I have a lot more but the computer I’m renting is really slow, I hope I can send you more soon. Some of the pictures I took of CPU will be used by CPU Link and some already have been used in the global reunion and the national news paper.

Because of the flood, our family experienced more of God 's faithfulness, provision, and how much He loves us. The church became our shelter when we evacuated there, I told myself, indeed, when people loses everything, the only place they can find refuge is in the arms of Jesus. like manna, blessings pour down upon us from family, friends, and even people we don't know. The Lord is so good!

Keep on praying for us, it’s actually a new beginning for us. our books were washed out especially my brothers'. uniforms and barongs. people gives us clothes but unfortunately , wala maka igo bacause of our sizes heheh especially si tatay. i lost my tapes, cd/ tape player, and choir pieces that i kept for years. fortunately, i was able to save our Compurter but only the CPU.

i'll send you updates soon!

God bless you more!

Lovejoy










I am not going to pretend that seeing these pictures is not extremely overwhelming to me.. especially knowing that I will be there in one week. So much detestation, so many lives shattered, a time of rebuilding, a time of finding refuge. I continue to thank God for such a wonderful time as this, He prepared our trip and knew even before it happened that these would be the conditions we would be in. I do trust Him in knowing the bigger plan in all of this and that He can use this is so many ways to glorify His name.

What I am really most overwhelmed by is the excitement that I get to go and allow God to use me to help!! Although I really do not have a clue exactly what I will be doing, I am just grateful for this opportunity to GO.

As I am posting this now, Britt Nicole's Song "Set the world on fire" is playing on my radio. Thank you God for reminding me of Your Strength and Power, and that You are Big Enough!

Lyrics:
I wanna set the world on fire
until it's burning bright for you
it's everything that i desire
can I be the one you use?

I, I am small but
you, you are big enough
I, I am weak but
you, you are strong enough
to take my dreams
come and give them wings.
Lord with you
there's nothing I cannot do.
nothing I cannot do.

I wanna feed the hungry children.
and reach across the fathers*farthest land
and tell the broken there is healing
and mercy in the Father's hands.

I, I am small but
you, you are big enough
I, I am weak but
you, you are strong enough
to take my dreams
come and give them wings.
Lord with you
there's nothing i cannot do

take my dreams
come and give them wings.
and Lord with you
theres nothing i cannot do.

my hands, my feet
my everything
my life, my love
Lord use me.

I wanna set the world on fire
wanna set the world on fire.

take my dreams
come and give them wings.
Lord with you
there's nothing i cannot do
oh no.
take my dreams
come and give them wings.
cause Lord with you
there's nothing i can't do.
nothing i can't do.

I'm gonna set the world on fire.
set the world on fire.

Please do pray for my team and I, as we prepare to go. We are flying out THURSDAY!!!
Lindsey signature

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Good luck, I will be praying for you. Go out and do God's work and bring joy to the world!