7.28.2008

Back Home!

I am home!!! I landed in the US yesterday at 12:00 pm in Detroit after 18 hours in flight and being up since 3:00am Philippine time (they are 12 hours ahead of us, which made a total of 33 hours of travel.. whew!) Anyways I was so happy to be greeted in Charlotte at 7:00pm by my sweet husband with a "Welcome home" sign and flowers... he missed me a little I think ha! I hugged him for about 3 minutes straight and just couldn't get enough :)

There are really not enough words to explain how completely amazing the trip was for me. I am hoping to get rid of this jet lag and get settled back in so that I can process through everything before I share. I have so many pictures and stories though so I am very excited :) Thank you all for your prayers as I was gone, everything went very very well and I knew that God was hearing each of you. There was not a problem with any of the travel and no sickness, so both of those are always huge when traveling internationally. I am still waiting to hear exactly from our group leader, but I think there was somewhere around 30,000 people that our group shared the Good News of the Gospel with.. and that alone is nothing short of amazing. God is so good and I am extremely grateful that He saw it in His plan for me to be a part of the work that was done this past week. I stand in awe....


Once we landed and I was able to use my phone and check my email, I was able to hear about two VERY great things that happened while I was gone...

JR did it! He finished the triathlon last Sunday and I am so proud of him! Yes sorry about posting the wrong number for you guys to see ha... I was a bit out of it in preparation for leaving that day :) I am so glad he took some pictures for me to see... and I am of course one proud wife!

And also VERY BIG news.... Tiffany got engaged while I was gone! Her and her fiance Michael will be getting married November 15th at the Barber House in Nashville. I am SO excited that she asked me to be a part of her big day too :) Congrats Tiff... I love you so much!!!



Lindsey signature

4 comments:

The Rue Family said...

Praise God! I'm so glad that everything went well and that you made it back safely! I can't wait to hear all about it and see tons and tons of pics! Rest up! Love you!

Tara said...

So glad that you are home safe and sound! Can't wait to read and see all that God did while you were there!

Tara said...

Glad you are back! It sounds like you all blessed many! I cant wait to hear stories and see pictures! Get some rest!

LeeAnn said...

I can´t wait to see pictures from the trip! I´m sure it was amazing.... We´re in town for the first 2 UT games. Hope to see you guys at one of them!