9.27.2012

September 17, 2012

2012-09-17 15.38.14

I was preparing for a consignment sale and started feeling somewhat queasy so I decided to take a pregnancy test. We had just decided the month prior that we were ready to add to our family but I wasn’t sure how long it would take. I took the first test and it came out the very faintest positive I have ever seen, which of course kept me wondering all day. What in the world did that mean?

I went on about my day and met my mom to run errands and drop off my consignment stuff. Our last stop was Walmart and I picked up another box of tests. When I put the boys down for their nap I took another test and sure enough… a slow positive. Still not fully convinced I took the third and finally decided it must be true! I called to tell a friend and vowed to keep it in as a surprise for JR for our anniversary that was in 6 days.

 

DSC_3810

My secret lasted all of 36 hours and I broke down to tell JR Tuesday night. Poor hubby was so tired after waking up at 4am and must have thought I was insane because “I just had to give him his present early and get it on video.”

DSC_3823

Two days later we shared the news with our boys. Carter of course has no clue and poor Griffin is going to be disappointed if he has a baby sister. “I want a baby brother, I don’t want a baby sister!”

We were going to drop the boys off for our anniversary staycation so we were able to tell the grandparents then. Everyone was a bit surprised that we really were doing it all over again… but excited Smile

No comments: