9.29.2008

Preparing for our Trip

4 days and counting until we head to Paris! I am still somewhat in shock but having to come to more reality as we prepare for the big trip. Phillip got me The Little Black book of Paris and it has been a great guide to tell us what we need to make sure we see while we are there. We are staying at the Trianon Palace and Spa in Versailles. I am very excited b/c this may just be the nicest place I have ever stayed!!! It used to be a palace that King Louis XIV built for his mistress that they have now turned into a hotel. It is on the outside of the city of Paris but only 11 miles from the Eiffel tower so we should be pretty close to just about everything. So far we have done our research and mapped out just about everywhere we want to go. I think we will do the Fat Tire Bike Tour one of the first days we are there to get a general idea of the area (thanks Kat for this tip!) We will also will get to go to one of their very large flea markets, which will be very interesting to see what sort of things they have! We of course are going to all of the famous museums and hot spots of Paris too and I am so thankful that we will have plenty of time to explore by just walking around on the streets. I will have to say though that I think one of the things I am most excited about is getting to go to Disneyland Paris! Who would have known they had Mickey and Minnie there... thank you little black book once again :) This will almost be like 2 vacations in one since we now wont have to go to Orlando to experience Disney world too.... well at least not until the kiddos get big!

We of course are always up for any suggestions that anyone might have. I have never experienced going overseas for a vacation so I am sure there will be a lot to learn. Yes I know everyone there speaks French and you should hear my little French man trying to speak it to me at home already ha! We are so excited that we already got the suitcases out this weekend... it will be here before we know it!!!!


Lindsey signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! My name is Julie and I enjoy reading your blog. I was quite excited for you to hear of your trip to Paris. I am a French teacher and just got back from a summer in France. I've been to Paris several times and would most definitely suggest the following: a boat ride on the Seine River--this is especially fun in the evening with all of the city lights. It is a great thing to do first because it gives you an overview of the city. You can buys tickets down on the quai of the river. Second-I like all the museums, but I love the Rodin (made "The Thinker") museum. It has all of his sculptures in an outdoor garden that you can wander. Quite fun! Bon voyage!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

The hotel looks awesome! I am sure you will take plenty of pics. Be very careful and have a blast. I can't wait to read and hear about the adventure!!!

The Walker Family said...

Suggestions:
TAKE ME WITH YOU! (just kidding)
Seriously...go to the Rodin Museum. Momma LOOVES Rodin and it would be a great museum for you all to visit.
AND JUST HAVE SO STINKING MUCH FUN!! I wouldn't go out of the hotel..that place is amaaazzzing!!
Love you!

The Davis Family said...

Wow, hotel looks very nice. Maybe you can stick me in your suitcase since we won't get to take one of these vacations for a very long time!! When I went to Europe with my cousin, she sent me the Rick Steves' book "Europe Through the Back Door." I was a nerd and read just about the whole thing. (If I could find it I would send it to you...but you know all these boxes!) He is def. the guru of travel. The book is so practical and tells you how to save money and how to eat and do fun things on the cheap...if that's something you want to do. Anyway, that books good, or he does have specific books on places like France. Can't wait to see pics.

LeeAnn said...

Hey there! Yes- France is in part of my work area, so JR was writing me between a few of my trips. I don´t think I have too much on the blog.... but I´ve shared some of my highlights with him. How exciting! I wish I could meet you guys there, but no trips for October. Have so much fun! Can´t wait to hear about it. Love, LeeAnn