9.22.2008

Our trip out West

I wanted to give you a brief rundown of the wonderful trip we will get to take for our anniversary in just 11 days! We both decided that we wanted to get some traveling in before the baby came and so I knew JR had always wanted to make a trip out West and therefore this is what he has planned for us..... (enjoy the pics courtesy of the internet. I hope to get some pretty good ones myself while I am there too!)

An all American round trip of the Western Frontier beginning in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We will rent a car to make the rest of our travels as we go from place to place. From Jackson Hole..


then heading up into Yellowstone


then down to the Grand Tetons,


then across Wyoming to Breckenridge, Co,


Then down to US 163 (Forest Gump Road) and into Monument Valley,


then to Hoover Dam


and the Grand Canyon,


and then a ending with a night in Vegas before flying back.



A lot of driving and so many adventures waiting for us.. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey signature

13 comments:

Rachel Rainer said...

How Fun! You will love Jackson Hole! It is the most beautiful place I have ever been to.

Denira Baird Williams said...

That's going to be so much fun!!! Bobby and I really want to go out west soon!! It'll probably be a couple of years now though. We'll have to wait for Isaiah to get big enough to enjoy it or old enough for me to be okay with leaving him with his grandparents!! So good planning on your part!

Megan said...

Hi! I'm a "lurker" I've been to the Grand Canyon and I am sure you will LOVE it! I love it and would love to go back again. It's a great was to see God's beauty. Have a blessed day!

The Rue Family said...

Yay for yall! That sounds so fun! I can't wait to see tons of beautiful pictures!!

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Hey love - you know Mom and Dad went to both Jackson Hole and Yellowstone this year - let them know if you need any advice or guidance :)

Tara said...

Oh my gosh, Lindsey you all are going to have so much fun! I havent been to any of those places besides the Grand Canyon and Vegas-but from my experience both of those will make the trip! The pictures are beautiful and what a great way to spend you last vacation as a couple before the baby comes! All I have to say is ENJOY! It is hard to leave them behind when you traveling...

secarden said...

awe how awesome ... Wyoming is one of my dream vacations - take me with you !!! went across the Hoover Dam on one of our cross-country trips - Norris Dam is better - ha ha. :-) ps: stay @ the Bellagio in Vegas - its worth it (just dont tell JR how much its worth ha ha)

Kat said...

That sounds awesome! Have fun!! My husband and I took a pre-baby trip on our anniversary too. Great idea. Yours sounds so fun, though..I may have to convince the hubs to do a similar western excursion!

Amber said...

you will have so much fun! We did that trip backpacking through some and it was so beautiful that we wanted to move there forever and ever amen!

Oh and also, have so much fun in Vegas! I heart Vegas with all of my body!

Ashley said...

That is going to be an awesome trip! I would love to do that one day.

Anonymous said...

i hope you guys have a wonderful trip i love you guys with all my heart cant wait to gt our baby isham happy anniversary and many more love you guys mom and dad isham

Anonymous said...

i hope you guys have a wonderful trip i love you guys with all my heart cant wait to gt our baby isham happy anniversary and many more love you guys mom and dad isham

Jeremy and Lacy said...

It has been forever since I read your blog, but I guess there is no reason to comment on this post now that you get to go to Paris instead of out West! Woohoo! I know you are so excited!