9.24.2008

Celebrating 2 years and one BIG surprise!!!!

Last night we celebrated our 2 year anniversary together as man and wife! I made the 2nd edition of the Isham family year book with memories we have had over the last year together. To view that book you can go here. But little did I know JR had a MUCH better present for me :)
He took me to this very fancy French restaurant and it was a nice surprise. We had talked about going somewhere that we had never been before to make it special and I told him to pick. Although it was a little deceiving from the outside, it was a perfect choice! The food was excellent and what came next was just a surprise.....
He gave me this beautiful card and wrote some very sweet things inside talking about how thankful he was to have me as his wife, etc......
and then at the bottom there was something attached that gave me this look of SHOCK!

You can read for yourself what it said.......



Can you really believe it!!!! All this time I have been thinking that we were going to go out west on our trip that I posted about just on Monday, and he has been planning a surprise for me elsewhere. WE ARE GOING TO PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What it also said in the card was that he wanted to do something for me that we may never have the chance to do again... and make my dreams come true. You see he has always asked me since we first got married if I could go anywhere in the world where I would want to go--- and I always said Paris. My sweet husband chose to give up his dream of going out west to make my dreams come true and take me to the most romantic city in the world!!!! Holy cow I was in so much shock, and honestly still am haha! This is a once in a lifetime trip that we get to take before we become parents and I could not be more grateful!!!!
Happy Anniversary to the sweetest and most amazing husband in the world!!!




Here is the video of me opening the card and realizing my surprise.
Lindsey signature

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay! You will have so much fun! Props to JR...I will have to tell Heath about this;)

Anonymous said...

wow!!! i am very impressed jr!! how will he top that one next year?? i guess when you go out west i will have to watch my little niece/nefew for a whole week!! sounds like a great plan to me! love you

Ashley said...

That's about the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Happy Anniversary!

Kat said...

That is awesome! Have so much fun. Crazy side note...that is where we went on our last pre-baby vacation! I think we are twins.

The Davis Family said...

Well "JR Isham" did good. I love how he signed the card with his full name! Looks like you are going to have to brush up on your French!! Hope you have your passport :)

Unknown said...

wow, that's awesome!!! Congratulations

Tara said...

Great job JR! That is awesome! You two both deserve it. What a great surprise that is... You did good!

Brandi said...

WOW!! What a surprise!! That's GREAT! You two will have sooooo much fun! :)

secarden said...

so what are you saying ... you're not going to bring me back a buffalo from wyoming?

Anonymous said...

you lucky little wife i hope you two have a wonderful time jr you can sure keep a secret well you even had be buffalo love you both very much mo isham

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Yay!!! That is awesome! You deserve it! Hope yall have a great time!! It will be a good babymoon for you before your little blessing arrives!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Wow! That is unbelievable... No wonder you have hung on to him so long, ha ha. Just kidding JR. You all are going to have a blast. I am sure it will be perfect. Good job JR!!! I don't think many people could have held it that long...

Anonymous said...

Lindsey - you have no idea what an awesome trip you are going to have. Paris is my absolute favorite city. That is where Jason and I got engaged... It truly is amazing, and you will fall in love all over again with your husband. You have a wonderful husband...