5.23.2007

Potts is retired!

After many many many many many... ok he really isnt that old haha... many years POTTS HAS RETIRED!!! Jerry Meadows, or Coach Dad as some call him, will soon be 65 years young. He worked as hospital administrator at Rockwood Hospital for many years, as well as marketing director for Partner's Home Health, K25 plant in Oak Ridge and most recently spent time as a vocational teacher at William Blount High School. I would have to say that I would guess this was his most prized job by far since he got to also be assistant coach (under his own son) for football; although it would truly be a close call between that and youth minister as he was for 8 years for my friends and I back home. I was so thankful to have such involved and loving grandparents who many of my friends look to as grandparents as well because of their love and support. Potts and Mimi have been married for 46 years and are excited about now both being at home and relaxing. Although I will have to say, I am not sure how long it will last because Potts is already talking about getting a part-time job somewhere hahah, he is just such a hard worker he doesn't know what to do without it :) I am so proud of him and look forward to him and Mimi getting to visit JR and I alot more now. Funny story is that when I was younger I used to tell them that I was going to get them a trailer and put it in my backyard when they retire so they could babysit. HAHAH I do love them very very much, but I think at this point I have changed my mind... at least about the trailer in the back yard :)

2 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

We all love sunny and jerry!!!!

Tara said...

Yaaahh Jerry! Tell him congrats from Tara!!!