3.27.2007

Mom, Mimi and Rachel


This weekend my mom, Mimi and sister Rachel will be coming for a visit. I am so incredibly excited that they will finally get to see our new home and city that we live in! These 3 women are so important to me and I miss them so much so I have been looking forward to this for a long time. This will be the first time I have hosted them in my very own home.. so that is a bit nerve racking for sure haha. Of course I want my house to be spotless for them to stay in, want to cook some great masterpieces for them and show them a fun time while they are here. I am not really sure what about their visit makes me so anxious haha, after all they are people who know me best anyways :) I plan to take them around campus to meet all of my wonderful new friends here, take them shopping to all of the great malls we have so close to here, and who knows what else. We are celebrating my birthday late while they are here... so that means to Red Lobster we will go for sure. (Red Lobster was my favorite place to go when I was a little girl, I just loved their popcorn shrimp. Now that I am grown they have never really thought that I could have a different "favorite" restaurant and so this is our place of tradition to go. I do love Red Lobster still so I never complain, but I just think it is funny.) They will also get to see our new puppies while they are here. My mom is an expert breeder (not really but she has done it many of times) and so I told her I really wanted her here during that process. Of course she came through... she is always there when I need her. Mimi is just along for the ride but has been wanting to come since JR and I got married. She is so funny, right before we got married she said, "I know, I will just ride back to NC with you and JR after you get back to from your honeymoon and stay with you for a couple of weeks. I am sure you will need help getting settled in." I of course cracked up immediately and she also laughed knowing that she was totally kidding. But all of that to say that she has REALLY wanted to come and visit since we moved in July. Then good old Rachel, well it is her spring break and what better way to spend that then with the sister that she loves so much (and that is no joke haha). :)

1 comment:

Denira Baird Williams said...

Hey girl... i don't have pics of Logan, other than what Care has sent me. i haven't actually got to see him yet. only parents and grandparents are aloud back. i went up there the minute she had him and was there for about a week and didn't get to see him and i've been up there 2 times since and still haven't gotten to. But you'd better believe the minute i get to i'll be there with my camera in hand!!!!!