3.23.2007

6 months... I cant believe it

It was 6 months ago that JR and I were walking back down the aisle as husband and wife. I really cannot believe it has already been that long and then again it really does seem like we have always been married haha :) We have learned a lot as a married couple already. I now realize though that we will continue to learn every single day no matter how long we have been married! We have had fun learning about each other through the process. It has been interesting learning how to live with one another and there have definitely been a lot of laughs along the way. "Sweetie, what in the world are you doing?" haha. The biggest thing that God has been trying to teach me right now is humility. I dont know if this is true for other women who have became a wife recently, but I am just too darn selfish haha. I am okay with admitting that now but it really makes me disappointed about myself. Yesterday in chapel our chapel speaker spoke on this specific topic and I left there saying, "Alright God, I hear you. I know you are wanting me to become humble and realize that my life is not about myself but only about You. The same is also true for my marriage, it is not about what I need or what I can gain, but instead living for my husband and taking joy in honoring and supporting him." I honestly think that society tells us so many times that it is about me, me, me and it is really hard to stay away from that. Almost all of the challenges JR and I have faced in our marriage have dealt with this situation. At times I found myself not wanting to serve him the way I should as a wife and just being completely STUBBORN. God is so good though and every single time He has brought me straight back to the truth that I am to love JR more than I love myself. And more importantly take joy in loving and taking care of him all along the way. JR is being very patient with me and I am so thankful but I hate this terrible sin that is within me. If you are a bride I hope that you will go home to your groom today and tell him that you love him, how thankful you are for him and find a way to serve him. No serving is not only cooking and cleaning (which is the world's view on wives) but respecting him, spending time with him and letting him know you care by doing the small things. If you are a bride to be... Please hear my valuable lesson that it has taken me 6 months to learn :) I promise your life and your marriage will be so much happier if you let go of your pride and find happiness in serving. Oh these are the days of my life hahha.. welcome in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has the most awekward ways of humbling us doesn't he? But, thats the best way to do it and the one way that He is going to be glorified the most. I'm sure as you continue to grow and as He continues to stretch the both of you, God will take yours and JR's relationship to places that you never would have expected. I'm excited to hear what God is doing in your life, just stay faithful. Love you guys.